“Best Chinese Food Around”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chou Lee Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The rice is flooded with shrimp and eggs and everything else.They do not skimp on nothing.The brazzed wings are so delicious

Reviewed 1 May 2016

I have lived around the corner from Chou Lee for years. I have ordered take out a couple of times many years ago. I don't know what stop me from going there but I haven't been in years. Well today I went for dinner in the new location and thought it was terrible. I thought they must been doing good they moved to a new location after all these years. Was I ever wrong. I order wonton soup (usually can't mess that up) it was terrible. The noodles were totally over cooked. I exchanged it for egg drop soup it had absolutely no taste. I even added soy sauce still terrible. My entrée Hunan Shrimp was better than the soup but nothing to brag about.
We weren't home no more than a hour before my stomach started cramping and then my granddaughter started complaining about her stomach also. My husband was with us as well but he said he didn't eat as much as us.
The staff was friendly enough but that can't make up for the taste of the food and how my stomach feels while I'm typing this review. If you know good Chinese food when you eat it you may want pass on Chou Lee!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

It's unfortunate the review of maggots in the chicken occurred. We took our chances because of the other positive reviews. We are glad we did!
The food was very tasty, not greasy and not too much on the plate. The staff was friendly and it didn't take long for the food to arrive. We are definitely going back there.......there were not any maggots!! I think a former employee who was angry just made it up....disregard the review as we did, you will be glad you did!!

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

I have been eating at Chou Lee's for at least 15 years! The food, the service, the staff and the owner are exceptional. I have been there in the restaurant waiting on take out and noticed almost all customers are repeat/long time customers...you don't get that by serving bad food!

7  Thank Marchia H
Reviewed 2 February 2015

On Saturday, 1/31/15, my son and I was dining in. I ordered fried chicken wings and vegetable egg rolls, and my son ordered the general tso tofu. When my chicken was served it had fried maggots in the chicken. It was literally fried with maggots in the chicken. After showing the waitress and manager (older lady at the register) they attempted to serve my son his tofu. Just business as usual. They do not care what they serve to the public. I used to eat there all the time but NEVER AGAIN!

11  Thank Jazzyken

Been to Chou Lee Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!