“Wow they were busy”

El Jinete Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 75 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Food was good. Service was good. Just so busy. I don't know if they were short a crew member or what. If we are back in the area we would probably stop in again.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Clean, good food, good service! The mexicana guacamole was delicious! Great margaritas! Go for the Texas!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I had been so happy with the new owners and service - my favorite thing being their pork in a green chili sauce - delicious!
I ordered it to go about a month ago. When I picked it up I asked if it was in green sauce - they assured me it was (it can also come with red sauce - which I don't like). When I got home - sure enough it was red sauce. I called them to let them know, and they offered to either have me come back and get the right thing (no) or credit me. I asked for the credit since I'd charged it. Well guess what - no credit ever came through. I did go back once after that happened (before I knew I hadn't gotten the credit) and this time the sauce was just skimpily poured on the cooked pork, vs being cooked in it.
Another time I ordered the especial Guadalajara - which is offered at many of the chain Mexican restaurants and is always the same dish. The new chef changed it completely and it was inedible (a plate of tortilla chips covered in lettuce with cold shredded cheese was a big part of it). They did give me 10% off (wow).
In all fairness I do have a friend who loves their shrimp quesadillas.
They really need to step up their game with the new Mexican restaurant Hacienda now open and packed (great food and service!). I hate giving them a bad review as I've been going here for 16 years, but I truly hope they will take note and work on their food and service.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

The relatively new ownership shows in excellent service. Menu has plenty of options for all. They're liberal with chips & salsa.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We ate here on a Friday night it seemed really crowded. The food was ok for being busy but the service could use some help. We joined a table of 5 already seated and we got our drinks before someone else at the table got her food. They totally forgot to bring her food out. We had to place our order twice because the 1st person didn't write anything down or speak English. The guys had to ask for tea several times but the bar guy was bring drinks out without ordering them.