“Best Mexican Food in Dawsonville ”

El Jinete Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 81 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

We've eaten here many, many times. The Resturant has gone thru a recent management change. The food has always been good but seems to have a more polished look and flavor. The fresh salsa is the best in town. No issues on ordering special request and I've never been disappointed. Fresh salads, chicken, shrimp and beef dishes are all delicious and quality meats and seafood. Large portions. I don't eat pork so I can't suggest it. My husband swears by the Margaritas and I can tell you the beer is ice cold. I've had Mojitos here in the summer that were delicious and served with fresh mint, as they should be. Service is excellent. Ample parking and convenient location just off Hwy 400.

Thank Sweetgeorgiacin... l

Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

When this place first opened it was good. Now it is just okay. Seems like the quality is suffering also seems a tad dirty. Service is always good. It is ok Mexican There is s bar

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Been here several times and never disappointed. We had $5.99 lunches and Texas Margaritas. Everything was perfect! Bernardo is great waiter!

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

The new management went about transforming the location into the best Mexican restaurant in the Dawsonville area. Service is prompt and super attentive. The staff know the menu well and have guided me and my wife to some absolutely incredible dishes. Their salsa is fresh and spicy, chips are hot and fresh with a cheese dip made even better with large doses of freshly diced jalapeños. The tacos here are the real star and I cannot gush enough about the "Home-made Chorizo" and "Asada" variants. The flavor of the "Chorizo" is absolutely delicious and properly flavored. They honestly do not need the sauces they arrive with and make sure to opt for the corn tortillas over the flour for a more authentic experience!

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We have been frequenting El Jinette since they first opened. The food, the staff & the management used to be great. Tonight, most of our orders were somehow messed up in the kitchen. Our server was very apologetic, but even when they attempted to get it right, it still wasn't very good.
When we told the New owner/manager or whatever she was daughter how disappointed we were with the food, she just played it off as if it was just an off night & nothing had changed. We made it clear that we were aware that almost all of the staff, from the servers, to the kitchen, to the management had changed, but she insisted that only a couple of people had left. She must think that us "locals" are clueless. Oh well, maybe they will get it when they have no regulars. We will go to Fajita Grill in Dawsonville or Los Rios in Cumming from now on. Good Luck for anyone who chooses to eat here from now on. They really don't care!