“Ok”

El Jinete Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 82 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

When this place first opened it was good. Now it is just okay. Seems like the quality is suffering also seems a tad dirty. Service is always good. It is ok Mexican There is s bar

Thank ms.go-go

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Been here several times and never disappointed. We had $5.99 lunches and Texas Margaritas. Everything was perfect! Bernardo is great waiter!

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

The new management went about transforming the location into the best Mexican restaurant in the Dawsonville area. Service is prompt and super attentive. The staff know the menu well and have guided me and my wife to some absolutely incredible dishes. Their salsa is fresh and spicy, chips are hot and fresh with a cheese dip made even better with large doses of freshly diced jalapeños. The tacos here are the real star and I cannot gush enough about the "Home-made Chorizo" and "Asada" variants. The flavor of the "Chorizo" is absolutely delicious and properly flavored. They honestly do not need the sauces they arrive with and make sure to opt for the corn tortillas over the flour for a more authentic experience!

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We have been frequenting El Jinette since they first opened. The food, the staff & the management used to be great. Tonight, most of our orders were somehow messed up in the kitchen. Our server was very apologetic, but even when they attempted to get it right, it still wasn't very good.
When we told the New owner/manager or whatever she was daughter how disappointed we were with the food, she just played it off as if it was just an off night & nothing had changed. We made it clear that we were aware that almost all of the staff, from the servers, to the kitchen, to the management had changed, but she insisted that only a couple of people had left. She must think that us "locals" are clueless. Oh well, maybe they will get it when they have no regulars. We will go to Fajita Grill in Dawsonville or Los Rios in Cumming from now on. Good Luck for anyone who chooses to eat here from now on. They really don't care!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I usually visit this restaurant on the weekends. My wife and I were both not working this week and decided to visit El Jinete again. The food was great like normal and the atmosphere a little calmer than on the weekends. My guess is the owners work on the weekdays. I did miss the waiters greeting us with the "My Friends" reception and opening the doors for us, but it was still a very good visit.