See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8dawsonvillega, Hotel Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Dawsonville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

First of all I did not get to review or book this hotel stay. We were traveling with another couple and they made the reservations. The first thing that got me off on the wrong side was that we were on the second floor and there was no elevator only stairs at each end of the building. I observed several people asking where the elevator was only to have to lug there big suite cases up the stairs. It is good exercise but after driving for ten hours I did not feel like doing the stairs. Next thing was we walked into our room and could not find the tv remote. I opened the drawer under the tv and the bottom left corner of the face of the drawer fell off. I went to the front desk and gave them the part of the drawer and they gave me a remote and said thank you. The room was clean but there were places on the walls that were missing wallpaper and paint. They did have a nice pool and the room rates were reasonable. Close to the outlet mall and a lot of places to eat.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Super 8 Wyndham Dawsonville.
Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.
We appreciate your review and the observations. We will surely take them for improvement.
We are addressing your observations for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.
We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My family came to town for a family reunion and after reading some of the reviews, were nervous. The price was about $50/night cheaper than hotels just outside Dawsonville so we decided to roll the dice. We were pleasantly surprised! Rooms were clean and staff was very friendly. Typical Indian family run hotel which I know some red necks don’t like but to me it is what makes America great! We didn’t eat the breakfast which was limited but just down the street was a Waffle House and ihop along with chick fil A. Give it a try if you are in town!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thanks for the stay at the Super 8 Wyndham Dawsonville and the feedback with four stars.
Hope you had a satisfactory stay.
You can expect a still better experience next time.
Visit us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My family and I traveled over two hours to a baseball tournament and chose this hotel to stay in for the weekend. BIG MISTAKE!

I got a creepy feeling before I ever got through the front doors. The entire lobby and first floor smelled of cigarette smoke, body odor and nasty citrus cleaner. The staff were extremely rude and nasty to us! The hallways can only be explained as something you would see on a crime scene in a Criminal Minds episode. We never made it to the room because of the nasty smell of smoke and filth in the hallways. My husband went and demanded a refund and we left immediately!!!! Don’t waste your time or money! Come on Super 8....do something! This place is giving Super 8 a really bad rep!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thanks for your comments.
I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable.
We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down.
You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time.
Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Booked through Booking.com during Spring break week April 2-6 2018. Only stayed one night. Arrived and noticed that the hotel was not as nice as in pics and that the lobby, breakfast area, pool, and Jacuzzi are not anything like the pics either. The pool and Jacuzzi were full of chlorine and didn't appear clean. You could see some type of substance floating at the bottom of them. They were both very cold when put hand in. We reserved a non smoking room with Queen beds. As soon as you walk in the door to go to the rooms, the smell of cigarettes and an ash tray hit you. It is so strong. The room we had, had a unpleasant odor. It looked clean but it was outdated, bathroom door had trimmed torn off bottom, the mirror had pieces of trim broke off and the coffee maker is a one cup coffee maker with little packets for coffee. Small box of Kleenex with about ten in them. Lol. One roll of toilet tissue. The beds were a full not queen. The complimentary breakfast is a joke. It is orange juice or apple juice, off brand cereal, apples, packets of plain grits, generic yogurt that was expired by about 4 days, bagels, toast, and make your own waffles. There is no meat. The owner was in there constantly watching us. It is owned and managed by Indians, which were polite but very hard to understand. The only good thing about it was that it was clean, and there was not a lot of people there. Now I know why!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hello Guest,

Greetings from the Super 8 Dawsonville.
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience with the check in,rooms and other issues.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Actions shall be taken to improve everything on war foot and you can have a good stay next time.
Hope you will reconsider.