“Great place to grab premium ice cream in Dawsonville”

Cold Stone Creamery
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Dawsonville
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Very friendly staff and great ice cream. We had a Red Velvet (surprisingly good), coffee, and chocolate chip mint flavored ice cream. All awesome!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I was excited to go from my dinner at Applebees to get ice cream. I looked online to see what time it said they were open till and it said 10.

When we got there and stood in line no one told us they were about to close and they did not act like it was too late to get ice cream. There were a few other couples there also.

Looking at the ice cream I noticed it looked like soft and strange. Very creamy and easy to move, way to scoopable.

Looked Like whipped cream. So they allow it to melt some yuk.What sense does that make? It's like mashed potatoes consistency come on guys!

However, They were nice and let me try some and I noticed it was not firm and hard like it should be. I wondered what temp they are keeping it at because with ice cream that matters something Duncan Donuts has perfectly perfected.

I expected Coldstone to be competitive. The fact it could do mix-ins made me want to go there, what a letdown.

I was hopeful once she mixed the items in that the cold stone would firm it up but she did not do much at all and she put in the cup and it was mushy and soft.

Already disappointed we went to sit down and a few mins later 5 or less she told us sorry guys you have to go we are closed!

You must leave!

WHAT?

If I had known that we could not sit and enjoy our experience then I would not have spent the money on the ice cream in the first place.

I came from out of town sitting in my car makes a Saturday night suck!

She said this came from management!

So take the money and kick customers out seems like a great business model. Make your customers sit in their car.

So here is my review the ice cream is not up to quality yet costs a lot for it and you may have to sit in your car while you eat it. I will never go to that Coldstone again.

I will never buy anyone's ice cream that looks like mush at any business because it's a disrespect to your customer's wallets and needs and wants.

Real management who cares about there store needs to get in there and make changes!

Side note - you ask for strawberries and there is 3 sitting in the container so that's all she gives you does that sounds ok?

Side note - They only have 1 low cal yogurt when they advertise many online so take note calorie watchers. You have no variety in choice at this one. They also have no non-dairy choice for people who extra tummy needs or vegans.

High Cost, Low Quality. Bad Experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Good Icecream is my weakness. I got coffee Icecream with gummy bears(don't judge me) and it was phenomenal! I really want to give this place 5 stars, but unfortunately I believe it was a little bit overpriced. Definitely it's not worth going here often, but worth it only on good occasions :)

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Ice cream good, but expensive. 2 ice creams (1 small, 1 medium) cost over $12. Toppings that we paid for a little skimpy. And the lady who served us and seemed like the manager, touched a waffle cone with her bare hands without washing them first. And she was going between serving people and the cash register. The other employees had gloves on. We'll probably try the new Marble Slab Creamery down the street next time.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The ice cream had ice crystals in it but this is the least of the poor review. The girl working this afternoon was more concerned with rushing us through so she could go to the back to look at something, maybe phone or studying, something. Not that friendly or helpful.