“Not Up to Usual Standards”
Review of Hampton Inn Dalton

Hampton Inn Dalton
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed 2 July 2017

First let me state that the staff were all professional and helpful. In addition, the hotel and rooms were clean. However, this particular building really is sub-standard for a Hampton Inn (Hilton) franchise. It is an older building in the motel-style with all rooms facing outside towards the parking lot. They are not insulated well and you can hear everyone that passes by your room. Years ago I became very ill while traveling and we stopped at the first hotel we came across. It was a Super 8, and this facility was reminiscent of that.

The rooms were small and dark. There was no HDTV. The towels were scratchy and they had the lowest quality toilet paper I’ve ever used. Basically everything about this hotel was a much lower quality that I’d expect from a Hampton Inn, and definitely not worth the price. There is a Super 8 on the same street that I would rather stay at in the future if I want something equivalent for a lower price.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the stairwells.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 June 2017

When traveling to Florida, we always stay here. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The hotel is easily accessed from I 75. We always appreciate the message on their exterior sign.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Loyal Diamond member. Because this is a breezeway hotel, the roaches and bugs are there. I seen the biggest coc roach in my life go across the floor in my room. The host are very nice, but this Hampton ain't for me.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Normally at Hampton Inns the rooms are set up like a hotel, this was more like a motel. The room was much smaller than I expect for Hampton, especially at the price of $115 per night. There was too much furniture in the room to mover around comfortably. In general very disappointed in this Hampton. If I go back to Dalton, GA I will not stay there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The staff was helpful, courteous, and appeared to genuinely like their jobs. The room was clean and nicely appointed. I have no complaints at all. I need an accessible room and they made sure it was ready for me. The bathroom was spotless. Everything smelled fresh. I was very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple