“Restaurant is closed”

Price range: US$10 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located just off the square in Dahlonega next to the Historic Holly Theater, the Corkscrew Cafe offers American Cuisine with a modern and creative twist. Trout, Eggplant Mascarpone and Nut Crusted Pork Chop are a few of our signature items as well as Steaks, Appetizers and "To Die For" Desserts! The extensive wine list features Georgia wines, as well as other quality selections from around the world. The dining room and patio make an ideal setting for casual fine dining and good times with friends, family and business associates. Live music on most Friday and Saturday nights. Monthly Wine Diners and Tastings available. Large Parties welcomed, reservations recommended. "Dining with a Twist" for 12 years in North Georgia. Come join Us!
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Website doesn't say anything about the restaurant being closed permanently. We walked by and it was locked up & dark. Not sure why they closed, when I visited last year, I really liked it.

2  Thank shannon g

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Excellent food, interesting menu, good service, reasonable prices. Conveniently located just off the square in Dahlonega. Interesting little shop next door for pre- or post-dinner shopping.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I had dinner with a party of 20 to begin a weekend of wedding celebration. The staff were courteous and patient. They did not hurry us at all. The food was wonderful! The restaurant was eclectic and very cool place! Will return!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

A string of odd experiences leads me to only rate 3/5 stars. First, we showed up on time for our reservation, but still had to wait to be seated. Then they chose to seat us in the corner between two HUGE groups (the rest of the area was open). Needless to say, very loud and hard to have a conversation. We also didn't like the environment. Plastic tables and chairs made it feel cheap. You eat in a little barn-like structure and really amps up the noise. Then the food. It was delicious, for sure. But tiny portions and very over priced for what it was. The piece of salmon on my wife's salad was pathetic. Probably 2 ounces. Not very pleased with our visit and probably wouldn't recommend unless you consider yourself a "foodie."

2  Thank BAHogan
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

The Corkscrew has a unique dining area in the basement - the site of Dahlonega's former jail cells. One cell is converted to a wine cellar.

I had bacon wrapped dates (excellent) and sriracha chicken dip (good, but spicier than I prefer). Service was great, especially considering that I was tucked away downstairs and around the corner, but I did go during a slow time between lunch and dinner.