The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast
US$102
US$97
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvampire diariesmirror imagethird floorb bother gueststown squaresweet home alabamasuite homegrand suiteperson showerbreakfast was amazinghonor barmargaret mitchellyogurt parfaitantebellum mansionmagnolia roomperfect hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The Twelve Oaks was my first bed and breakfast. I must say that I was so completely and utterly impressed. Nicole was spot on with her southern hospitality and charm. I could not have asked for a better host. I stayed in "Katherine's Mirror Image Suite". The bed frame was beautifully hand painted, the ribbed shower cage was amazing and the footed bath tub was so relaxing. I am already planning my next trip to stay there...and hopefully next time get to see a vampire or two. ;-)

Room Tip: Katherine's Mirror Image Suite definately has the better view of the front of the house. It's also upstairs and off to itself. The tub was AMAZING!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LeighAnn124
TheTwelveOaks, Catherine, Assistant Manager at The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your room and the hand painted antiques. We hope you'll come back to stay with us again soon...and we hope you'll get to see a vampire or two! (:

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I have done a lot of traveling on vacations since 1987. As a scuba diver and instructor I have traveled all over the caribbean and Florida. I once had a personal motto that I woud never travel to a dive destination more than once. This was because there are so many places to go! I could never in my lifetime visit all of them even once. I found an island in the caribbean that so impressed me because I all I ever dreamed of was there. I have been there about seven times and I have not got tired of it yet! So what does this have to do with 12 Oaks you ask? Simply this. I was on my way home from southern GA in late November and decided to pass through Covington to see some of the homes and buildings that were in the TV series "In The Heat Of The Night". With no prior research on B&B's I stayed at Tweve Oaks. It too was EVERYTHING I had hoped a B&B would be. Like the many places to go diving on this beautiful earth God created, there are many B&B's to choose from. But, just like that beautiful island I discovered and returned to many times, I will be returning to Twelve Oaks!!! To make the most of your stay in Covington check out any special events through the Chamber of Commerce or contact Nicole then book your stay at Twelve Oaks.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I loved reading about how you never stay in a place more than once, but that you would come back to Twelve Oaks. We definitely can't wait til you come stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Our stay at Twelve Oaks (the old Lockwood Mansion) was wonderful! Nicole and John are super hosts, and it was like staying with family! Everything was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean, and as good as any 4 or 5 star hotel we have been to. The little finishing touches made all the difference. We stayed in Katherine's Mirror Image room, and while the rib cage shower is a little intimidating at first, it was a very unique experience, and one you will only get at Twelve Oaks. After my shower, I put on the softest robe you can imagine, and felt like I was wrapped in a cloud while I sat in front of the fireplace. They create the perfect cozy atmosphere. The bed linens are amazingly soft and cozy! The breakfast was delicious! The stuffed french toast is superb. We explored the third floor, which is under renovation, and can't wait to see what the final product looks like. We cannot say enough good things about our stay, and know we will be back again soon!

Room Tip: Katherine's Mirror Image room has a connecting door to the In the Heat of the Night room if you are a family with kids, and you want more privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

I so enjoyed getting to read your wonderful review! We're so glad that you felt like your room was cozy and that you were able to have the once in a lifetime experience of using the antique ribcage shower. The third floor is all finished now so we do hope you'll come stay with us again!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

The Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast was a great place to stay! We were one of the first guests to stay and the owner Nicole was so kind and willing to help with anything. By walking we could be on the downtown square in 3 minutes, with Covington, GA being known as the "Hollywood of the South" you can see many things being filmed on the square which is a neat experience. It is also located only 30 minutes from Atlanta and there is always something to do there! It is a gorgeous home and a relaxing place to get away. The people were awesome and kind and overall just a great place to get away for a few days!

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review! It was wonderful to read that you had a relaxing experience. We hope you'll come stay again!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast in the Salvatore Study room. The room was beautiful, and if you're a vampire diaries fan then this is def the room for you! And if you're not a vampire diaries fan, the house only gets better and better. The rooms are gorgeous, the house is totally redone and in immaculate condition. The bed was so comfortable and the fireplace in the room made it so cozy! Everything was clean as could be and Nicole and John made sure that we were comfortable throughout our stay. Breakfast was great! Nicole and John are such nice people and will make your stay at this beautiful home even more worth it. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you are a vampire diaries fan, both the salvatore study and katherine's mirror image rooms are great, but the salvatore study is absolutely picture perfect and could not be any closer to the vampire diaries set itself! it was amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

I loved reading how cozy you thought your room was and comfortable the beds are here. Thank you so much for your review and we would love to have you come stay with us again!