“Excellent”

Ranked #32 of 579 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1984, Chef Lee has worked to provide the Columbus area with the most delicious and authentic Chinese cuisine you can find. At Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, all of our dishes are prepared fresh from scratch using traditional Chinese methods. We have over 150 menu items so whether you're craving Mongolian Beef, Kung Pao Chicken, or Hunan Shrimp, you are sure to be pleased with your meal! Planning on joining us for a special occasion? Simply call ahead and request one of our very special dinners. Chef Lee will prepare an intricate meal for your anniversary, birthday, or special occasion, while you relax in our serene dining room. And when you have a big party or corporate meeting fast approaching, trust us to provide quality catering to make your event a true success! We look forward to delighting you soon at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant!
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

There were 11 of us, 6 adults and 5 kids. We ordered dishes family style and everyone was happy with the dishes, even the kids. The only exception were the spring rolls. Nothing too them,seemed like just chopped up cabbage. Spare ribs appetizer was unbelievable. Not those tiny ribs, but nice size with an exquisite flavor, you got three. Orange chicken was loved by the kids and the moo shu pork was very nice. They were very accommodating to our large party as we went there after visiting the Ft. Benning family day.

FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We're really happy to hear that your whole group enjoyed nearly everything you had a chance to try -- thank you so much for taking the time to let us know! And thank you for stopping by in the first place -- we hope you'll be back again soon for more!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Chef Lee's has been around our area for a long time and is a favorite of many locals. My wife and I had lunch here recently, and it was excellent. The food was plentiful and tasty; the lunch items were very reasonably priced; and the service was outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the tangy little Hot and Sour Soup they served before the main meal. My wife's Sweet and Sour Pork was delicious, and my Snow White Chicken was very good, although I'll order something a bit spicier next time. I'll definitely make a return visit.

I'm happy to hear you're already planning your next trip here! Thanks so much for giving us a try and also for taking the time to write a great review like this one for us. I truly do appreciate the kind words, and I can't wait to see you again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The building is beautiful and you can have a delicious lunch for the same price as drive thru. Kids love the outdoor pond and the glass floor over water inside.

FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

I appreciate the great review, Cyndi! Thank you so much for being a fan and for writing this. Come back and see us again any time!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Chef Lee's is the best known and one of the oldest Chinese restaurants in town for a good reason. It offers high quality Chinese food, served efficiently and in a relaxed but authentic Chinese atmosphere. It is also a great place for take-out and most orders are ready for pick-up within 15 minutes or less. The staff are very friendly and the portions are generous at lunch and dinner. This is my only choice for Chinese in Columbus.

1  Thank J G
FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

That reputation didn't come out of nowhere, J! We're thrilled you're consistently impressed by our authentic, high-quality ingredients and dishes and our impeccable service. It's awesome our food is just as excellent when you enjoy it in the comfort of your own home, too. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time you're craving Chinese food!

Until then,

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

First time visitor after having driven past for years. Mid-afternoon on a Sunday, crowd was building as we left. Old school gaudy building with large koi pond including glass floor over the top. Fairly unusual outside of the largest southern cities. Family owned & managed, older staff, significant attention to detail. Patrons seemed local, many large parties (10+) with a few couples included. Service was as it should be; prompt and courteous.
The food..........what we had was good. Not the best I've enjoyed, but good. Saw a whole fish on another table that looked really good, rice is lightly fried.
It's not Shun Lee Palace, but when taken as a whole: ambiance, service, staff, food quality, and price-you'll need to work hard in Columbus to find a better Asian experience.

FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Chris, thanks for finally stopping in and for taking the time to write a great review like this one. I'm glad you had a good time overall, and I just hope you'll be back soon so we can show you an even better time!