“Excellent”

Ranked #28 of 566 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1984, Chef Lee has worked to provide the Columbus area with the most delicious and authentic Chinese cuisine you can find. At Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, all of our dishes are prepared fresh from scratch using traditional Chinese methods. We have over 150 menu items so whether you're craving Mongolian Beef, Kung Pao Chicken, or Hunan Shrimp, you are sure to be pleased with your meal! Planning on joining us for a special occasion? Simply call ahead and request one of our very special dinners. Chef Lee will prepare an intricate meal for your anniversary, birthday, or special occasion, while you relax in our serene dining room. And when you have a big party or corporate meeting fast approaching, trust us to provide quality catering to make your event a true success! We look forward to delighting you soon at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant!
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

There were 11 of us, 6 adults and 5 kids. We ordered dishes family style and everyone was happy with the dishes, even the kids. The only exception were the spring rolls. Nothing too them,seemed like just chopped up cabbage. Spare ribs appetizer was unbelievable. Not those tiny ribs, but nice size with an exquisite flavor, you got three. Orange chicken was loved by the kids and the moo shu pork was very nice. They were very accommodating to our large party as we went there after visiting the Ft. Benning family day.

FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We're really happy to hear that your whole group enjoyed nearly everything you had a chance to try -- thank you so much for taking the time to let us know! And thank you for stopping by in the first place -- we hope you'll be back again soon for more!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Chef Lee's has been around our area for a long time and is a favorite of many locals. My wife and I had lunch here recently, and it was excellent. The food was plentiful and tasty; the lunch items were very reasonably priced; and the service was outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the tangy little Hot and Sour Soup they served before the main meal. My wife's Sweet and Sour Pork was delicious, and my Snow White Chicken was very good, although I'll order something a bit spicier next time. I'll definitely make a return visit.

I'm happy to hear you're already planning your next trip here! Thanks so much for giving us a try and also for taking the time to write a great review like this one for us. I truly do appreciate the kind words, and I can't wait to see you again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The building is beautiful and you can have a delicious lunch for the same price as drive thru. Kids love the outdoor pond and the glass floor over water inside.

FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

I appreciate the great review, Cyndi! Thank you so much for being a fan and for writing this. Come back and see us again any time!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Chef Lee's is the best known and one of the oldest Chinese restaurants in town for a good reason. It offers high quality Chinese food, served efficiently and in a relaxed but authentic Chinese atmosphere. It is also a great place for take-out and most orders are ready for pick-up within 15 minutes or less. The staff are very friendly and the portions are generous at lunch and dinner. This is my only choice for Chinese in Columbus.

1  Thank J G
FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

That reputation didn't come out of nowhere, J! We're thrilled you're consistently impressed by our authentic, high-quality ingredients and dishes and our impeccable service. It's awesome our food is just as excellent when you enjoy it in the comfort of your own home, too. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time you're craving Chinese food!

Until then,

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My father in law turned 88 and loves Chinese food so where better to go? We drove over from Auburn,AL as we heard great 1st hand reviews from friends. Our entourage consisted of 7 adults and 2 teenage boys.Quick history, my father-in-law is retired Navy and my wife, her brother and sister were all adopted, and are all part Asian,so they can be picky.
We were seated and our waiter immediately took drink orders, gave us menus and explained that all meals were prepared when ordered, not merely assembled from a precooked assortment. Only item pre-prepared are egg rolls and spring rolls. This takes longer, hence my fast take out comment.The chef prepares your meal as you request- spicy, not spicy and add or leave out items you choose. I left mushrooms off my meal, and my wife of course opted for extra broccoli and add spice.Everyone chose something different and made their personal requests, and we passed the serving dishes around, sharing some of everyone's choices. There wasn't a bad dish in the bunch-hard to believe from 9 plates which included pork, chicken and beef dishes.Rice was served both fried and steamed and again we helped ourselves.The atmosphere, service and food was great-even our pickiest foodie was impressed.
One warning-the wasabi sauce will give you the wasabi brain spike, so go easy-and the chili sauce is warm and pleasant.
Our server was fun, friendly and informative as was everyone we encountered. The building is impressive-leaves no doubt you are in an Asian restaurant.Interesting note- the server told us they also serve Korean dishes if requested and have a menu for them as well. This was wasted on my 1/2 Korean wife, who loves Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese food, but not Korean-which always gets a chuckle at our gatherings.
We had so many great things, hard to pinpoint any one item, but my nephew did destroy a plate of Mongolian beef as if he hadn't eaten in months-and my Snow white chicken was great as I wasn't wanting anything spicy.But even the spicy entrees I sampled were wonderful and not overdone, as sometimes happens.

1  Thank Jim T
FueLee, Owner at Chef Lee's Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Jim, this might be the best review we've gotten in a long time, and we're absolutely thrilled to hear how much you and your whole family loved your meals. Thank you sincerely for choosing us to celebrate your father in law's birthday, and also for taking the time to write such a detailed endorsement for us.

We truly appreciate the kind words, and we can't wait to welcome you all back again soon for more!