Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Ranked #27 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Wooster, Ohio
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

This hotel was so nice and clean! The breakfast was great and the lady helping with breakfast was very kind and kept everything well stocked. The rate was excellent and the customer service was unlike any other hotel I've stayed at. Oh, and the beds were so comfortable! I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers.

Room Tip: If your family has a person in the military or is retired from the military that will be staying in...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I would like to say for the 1st time being in Columbus, your hotel and receptionists were great! Staff were so helpful and friendly, always had a GREAT attitude towards me and other customers. I was there for 3 days and my room was very clean! As far as the breakfast didn't have much selection though... Typically yogurt, cereal, sliced bread, bagels, and pre-made waffles. But, I guess I'm just use to full-breakfast hotels. I will sure book my next reservation with y'all!

Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Hotel was nasty there was hair on my beds and the floor as if a dog or some type of animal had lived there the bathrom was filthy and to top it off I had to get new sheets because it looked as if they didint change the sheets under the neath Never will i stay here again!!!!NAST NASTY NASTY!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed here for 1 night when I went to pick up my husband from Sand Hill, Fort Benning. I had originally booked a room at the Econolodge, but was a little uneasy about the exterior corridors because I was arriving late with 2 small kids. I am so glad I switched to Microtel at the last minute. After a 5 hour drive I arrived near 10pm and was pleastanly surprised to find ample parking in a well lit lot (the hotel is immediately off of I-185). The lobby was refreshingly bright and clean and the desk clerk was pleasant. My room was on the 2nd floor with a view of the parking lot and highway. Everything was new and clean and well maintained. I booked a single room with 1 queen bed which was small, but suitable for a one night stay for me and my 2 small kids. There is no fridge or microwave, but there is a nice flat screen TV mounted on the wall. We didn't have any problems with noise from either the neighbors or the highway. Oh yeah, the bed was AMAZING!!! (and I have a Tempurpedic at home).

We went down for bfast around 7am the next day and the employees were all very pleasant. The bfast included muffins, bagels, dry cereal, waffles (pre-made), packets of instant grits or oatmeal, juice, milk, water, and fruit.

We checked out around 9:30 and the desk clerk was very friendly and personable. I'll be back in the area for graduation in February and if I'm unable to get a room on post I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
`san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We Stayed at the Microtel INN &Suites in Columbus for 3 days.
The woman working the front desk were great.
Karen Lamb/the breakfast server was wonderful.
Please let them know we appreicate their service.

Arthur&Shirley Jackson