“Charming...”
Review of My Boulange

My Boulange
Ranked #1 of 17 Dessert in Columbus
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We looked up this place and had decided to go after trying some wares from the farmer's market (note: they do not bring any almond croissants to farmer's market). The best things: I always am looking for a bakery that will do napoleons (mille feuille) and they do! Their almond paste is delicious! The shop is lovely: with an Eiffel tower vent, high ceilings, and water with citrus wedges (deserves an extra point for that)!

The chocolate twist was good,but I taste cream cheese in it, as I do in the chocolate croissant. They are still good, but I am not used to tasting cream cheese in those baked goods. Their almond paste, as mentioned is very delicious. Interestingly, the almond croissant was cut. I also got a pumpkin-pear tart (OK, but will not be hankering after another) and a napoleon: very nice, flaky, though not crisp (could be because it was some hours between purchase and consumption) and the custard is delicious. They cover theirs with powdered sugar instead of the traditional glaze, which was OK, just not what I expected. I was not crazy about their bread, which is a shame! To be fair though I did not try their baguette, and that should be the measure of any establishment that has "boulange" in it.

The quality is good, but price is a little high (I am thinking ratio of price to size for the chocolate croissant). I would definitely go back though and sample other things, and I am very glad they are in the area. They also do not have a true decaf coffee: their decaf is a double espresso decaf (but if it is double, it is probably not as decaffinated as hoped).

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This small, somewhat hidden, cafe definitely has some big flavor! While on the search for lunch in Columbus, we fell upon this adorable French cafe. We were pleasantly surprised by the different pastries, breakfast, and lunch options which were available. The sandwiches and desserts we had were delicious, and we definitely recommended this cafe to anyone passing through Columbus for a quick but delicious meal!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with food that is absolutely amazing! The presentation and flavors were spectacular. Lovely sweet and savory items. Great spot for brunch, lunch. Fabulous mimosa. Will come again and again.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Yesterday my sisters and mom and I went to My Boulange for lunch and coffee, and I cannot rave enough about this charming little cafe and eatery! The food is scrumptious! The chicken salad was the best we had ever had, and the chocolate twist, bread pudding, and coffee drinks - we had the mocha, blueberry latte, and praline latte - were to die for! The owner (from Lyon, France) is warm and friendly and chatted with us after we ate about his cafe and business. I highly recommend My Boulange for its coffee, pastries, lunches, ambience, and friendly warmth! Columbus has been needing such a place for too long! :)

Reviewed 21 July 2017

My Boulange is an unexpected treat! If you love authentic French pastry and lite fare this is the place to go. The Ambiance is so welcoming and comfy and the prices are extremely reasonable for what you get!

Been to My Boulange? Share your experiences!