“My granddaughter loved it”

BabyLand General Hospital
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New home of the Cabbage Patch Kids. Free Admission. Deliveries Daily. There are thousands of Cabbage Patch Kids just waiting to be adopted. Big and small, Preemies, Newborns and 'Kids, from bald to a full head of hair, every baby has a name, birthday and a hard to resist personality.
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Nice new facility. We enjoyed our visit and ended up buying a Christmas present for my 5 year old granddaughter.

Date of experience: November 2017
in 6 reviews
"fun experience"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I have daughters ages 6 and 8 and they have been everywhere but their all time favorite place is BabyLand. Yes, its in the middle of nowhere GA but its worth the drive, its this place was in Orlando or NYC it would be HUGE!

your kids will earn their certificate to be a cabbage patch baby parent!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Honestly, if you're a die-hard CPK fan, by all means, stop by. If your really not, skip it. There's no cost to get in. If course, there's not really enough to warrant a charge.

I went to the original Babyland when I was about 15 years old (30 years ago) and CPK's were all the rage then. So we were on a road trip through GA and we stopped there. I loved it. It had a full classroom where real kids and cabbage kids could goof around, take photos (I still have mine), etc. There was other hobbies included, too (Space, military, sports, etc.), sometimes in their own room. But when they announced a new baby was being born, all the kids would run to the cabbage maternity room and watched through the glass as she pulled a kid from the cabbage, smacked his little bum, and you could adopt the newborn that day.

When I heard they moved to a plantation in 2007, I thought, were CPK's still THAT popular, because I haven't seen them in ages. Either way, we stopped to see it. And we were both so disappointed, especially since the plantation is so much bigger, so they had all the space to exbound on the original. But they certainly didn't use much of that space for the dolls and no interactivity. NOTHING is the same. It is a free "tour", which consisted of a nurse looking over her flock. There were a few new baby things; pets, nerds, cheerleaders, politically correct dolls, etc. But the rest was just your basic CPK dolls. By the way, bring about $300 for certain collectable dolls. It's so sad that kids these days don't get to see the original Babyland General.

The other think I noticed is there were
other toys with other than Cabbage Patch labels (even Disney). I only stayed about 20 minutes, but no new babies were born. Bummer. I hope you like it more than we did.

2  Thank Disney_Nomad
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

It was neat and a bit creepy as an adult but as the children lit up when the mother cabbage began to give birth the magic all washed away. I loved to experience this and to see all the originals they had on exhibit in the front. If I ever have a child they def will be brought to this place. From Atlanta to Charlotte drive out of the way and going on only added about an hour and 10 mins and def worth it bc it is something you can't experience anywhere else.