“Delicious noodle soups and true Malaysian food!!”
Review of Food Terminal

Food Terminal
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Chamblee
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The Food Terminal was one of the best noodle/Malaysian restaurant I have been to so far. I expected a little dump but instead found a new and clean and nice restaurant. I love Asian food but am not familiar w Malaysian food but now LOVE it!! The menu is a full colored magazine with enticing pictures of the soups and rice dishes this restaurant serves. I ordered the Kari chicken noodle soup while my family got the garlic bone marrow soup, spare rib soup, some chicken rice dish and a wonton noodle soup. I love spicy foods but my sons can't tolerate any heat at all so I was glad that the FT had many dishes in various levels of spiciness. Everything was so yummy. We also ordered schezuan wontons, Chinese broccoli, and some rice flour side dish. Everything was so flavorful and good. Our dishes came out quickly and by the end of lunch, the restaurant was almost full. The price wasn't bad as well. Each noodle soup was around $10 and side dishes were $4-6. We will definitely return and have already decided what to try next... schezuan beef noodle soup.

1  Thank hongjj

Reviewed 2 July 2017

The name, Food Terminal, sounds pretty bland and uninteresting, but when you enter the restaurant and experience a meal there, you can see why the name is a fitting description of the concept. Modular, with large graphic panels abstractly illustrating the types of the featured dishes, the space is jumping with young servers and diverse customers, and loud because of the concrete floors. The servers carry digital tablets that seem to be a key element of the efficient cooking, tracking and serving that's going on here.

The menu is large but well organized and presented in a magazine-like publication with glossy color pictures of every dish. The descriptions are thorough except for some undefined words like 'Mentaiko' topping a bowl of Garlic Noodle, which, even with the picture, is hard to identify unless you are used to eating fresh fish roe, raw in its sac.

From the 'Vegetable Plate' category, we chose Watercress sauteed with Black beans and topped with fried shallots. I hadn't had sauteed watercress, and it was refreshing.
From the Yong Tofu category, we picked Fish Soup with Tossed Noodle, which included a light fish broth, fresh noodles, fried tofu chips and small pieces of fish. It was accompanied by a dish of fresh chopped small green chilies, which I found enhanced the delicate flavors. We also had a Rolling Hot Plate named Nori Nori. As with all the dishes in the Hot Plate category, it had a base of gently cooked eggs and deliciously seasoned dry fried rice, topped with chopped veggies and a small bit of protein. It comes in a very hot metal plae in a wood holder. The server offers to stir all the ingredients into the rice and egg. Ours featured seaweed and masago (smelt eggs). It was delicious and not greasy at all. One heavier dish we tried was the Szechuan Beef Noodle Soup. Even though the broth had a red tinge, it wasn't too spicy. Spiked with ample chunks of meltinglly tender beef, noodles and Szechuan spices and chilies, the soup was very satisfying.

I'm looking forward to a return visit to sample more of these tasty, well-presented dishes.

2  Thank bbails
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We stopped by for lunch. It was Sunday at noon, and our wait time was less than ten minutes. (I have heard though that the wait time is much longer for dinner, sometimes up to an hour.) The restaurant was larger was expected and had a very hip, modern and clean feel to it. Once we sat down, our hostess handed us our menus. Only these were not your typical menus; instead, they looked like glossy magazines. Each item on the menu had a description (and sometimes an accompanying photo) that sounded delicious. In fact, that was the problem… everything sounded delicious!

To order, you fill out a slip of paper, much like you would do at a sushi restaurant. Our waitress reviewed our order and then read it back to us for confirmation. Once we confirmed our order, she left and gave the slip of paper to the kitchen.

I ordered the Garlic Bone Marrow. It didn’t look like much, but it was chock full of goodness that kept me full for hours afterward. Others ordered the Hainanese chicken and Grandma wonton BBQ pork, which they also said was good. I did have a piece of the Hainanese chicken, and it was not only flavorful, but tender. I cannot wait to go back and try more items off of the menu.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This is a street food experience - as much as is possible - in a restaurant setting. Met my two 20 something daughters for dinner. Enjoyed some TIger beer with a couple of fun appetizers - steamed buns, and bao buns. Moved on to Kari Chicken and Grandma's won ton with BBQ pork. All the dishes come out pretty much at the same time. If I had it to do over I would order appetizers. Then wait and order dinner entrees. Service is outstanding. Food is tasty but not outstanding. Good value though and the entertainment factor is high.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Food Terminal's chef is one of my favorites from top spice. The food is Thai and Malaysian and you receive a magazine style menu with colorful pictures with accurate explanations. No guessing like most Pho or other Asian restaurants unless you are Asian. The good news is that there are lots of Asian and as well as Indian people eating at the restaurant which usually means its authentic. This is a Foodie place for sure especially if you adventurous in your food choices