All reviews cracker barrel jekyll island tax ga st
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I’m not very fussy about a motel room that I’m going to spend only one night in. But I do expect it to be clean and for everything to work. It must be pretty hard anymore for motel staff to get all of that right, although to me it should be pretty easy. We avoided this motel for several years after a stay with roaches but we have been satisfied with it before so we gave it another try the end of November 2017. While the motel rooms had been updated since our last visit, the room we had appeared a little worn. But the bed was comfortable and the room seemed clean. No bugs shared our accommodations. The mini fridge, microwave and TV all worked fine. All in all we were satisfied with our stay although it would have been nice to have tea in the breakfast room instead of only coffee since we are not coffee drinkers. I think on our return trip north, we will stay there again. It’s not fancy, but we only sleep there for the night so for us, it’s an OK stop and we are familiar with the area and the locations for getting dinner. Red Roof Inns are pet friendly and thats most important to us besides being clean.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2017

This hotel was next door to a Krystal and I could literally hear every order placed at the drive-thru window. The floors of this hotel were scratched and dated, the headboard was falling apart, the tub had rusty pieces flaking off of the sides. I was appalled. We will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: keep driving, don't stop here
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

A car followed us into the parking lot and a woman got out and knocked on our window to ask for money. She was visibly furious when we turned her down. This instantly made me feel uncomfortable, especially with our 3 week old baby in tow. However, it was approaching midnight and we had been driving all day. As soon as we get into the room and close the door, bugs ran out of the crack between the door and the wall. It was about 10 of them and they looked like small roaches. We walked right back out without even seeing the rest of the room. Front desk lady was nice enough in canceling our reservation. We got back on 95 and went up to a Holiday Inn instead. Bad area and terribly unkempt we suggest you keep driving too.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Was a good place to stop for a night. I prefer rooms with an outside entrance though.Not to much choice for the complimentry breakfast when compared to the better Kingsland location. Room was clean, comfortable and a good value to for spending a night along I-95.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is the worst hotel I have ever staid at - I was desperate having driven a good distance. There were roaches and small bugs - maybe bed bugs - don't really know much about bugs - on the floor when we got in. They were crawling in and out of the rusted bathroom door jam. It was bad. Staid 2 hours to rest and left. No bites so maybe little bugs were not bed bugs - or maybe not taking off any clothes including shoes was a good idea. Hotel was noisy at 2 AM - At least another guest left when we did. Avoid. Seriously - disgusting hotel.

Room Tip: Parking lot - you car the best option for good night sleep here