“Enjoyable meal and drinks.”
Review of Toucans Ale House

Toucans Ale House
Ranked #20 of 209 Restaurants in Brunswick
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Had a great fish dinner here. Sat at the bar and got to chat with several other diners. Female bartender was very friendly and poured a great drink. We enjoyed our time and our meal here.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

We came to Toucans after the staff at The Hampton Inn said they were great. We were not disappointed. My fried shrimp dinner was simply delicious. We live in Tampa and have lots of options for fried shrimp, these were as good as any we can get at home.
My husband ordered Bourbon Chicken and it was perfect. The portions were generous and the service very good. It was busy and I can see why. When we are stopping in Brunswick in the future we will come back again.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

This place is packed just about every evening and especially on weekends. They seem to do a brisk lunch business as well. But even if you've never been there before, trust me, you've been to dozens of other restaurants/sports bars that aren't much different. Basically, it's a cut or two above TGI Fridays and Applebee's. The food is quite a bit better and the atmosphere is very local. This is not just another "stop" for I-95 travelers.
We go there from time to time simply because it is close to our house, parking space is ample, and we are not subjected to Fox News or country music. Good hamburgers, club sandwiches, french fries, etc. Nothing we've ever had there even approached being bad and some of the menu items are quite good, given the genre of the place. Service is very friendly and attentive. Prices aren't outrageous. You get what you pay for.
Is it one of our favorite places? No. But we can recommend it if you happen to be in the general area (or are looking for a stop on 1-95) for a pleasant lunch. You won't be over-the-top pleased but you won't be disappointed either. They do what they do pretty darned well.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I liked this place for tasty food and reasonable prices. For me, the drawbacks were that almost everything on the menu is fried (often typical of pub food) and the service was slow at bringing drinks and the tab. I would like to see at least a few non-fried choices other than salad.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We saw a small sign on 95 and stopped taking a chance. You really never know about a local restaurant just off the interstate. What a surprise! This is by far one of the cleanest sports pubs I’ve ever seen. The service was impeccable and the food just as good. Fun place! We’ll definitely come back! Thanks Faith!

2  Thank Mary Beth A