All reviews amelia island fernandina beach best westerns hot breakfast room was clean convenient location stay there again hot tub first floor king suite great place to stay outdoor pool the breakfast area bw florida pets freeway
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling through Yulee. We stayed in a 2 queen bed room which had ample space, was very comfortable, and spotlessly clean. WiFi worked fast. Parking was easy. Access to the highway is very close by and easy. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast was excellent. We’ve been traveling for three weeks and this was the best breakfast buffet so far. The staff work hard to keep the area clean and tidy and well stocked. Coffee is available throughout the day and cookies are sometimes available too which is a nice treat. There is a small sundry area as shown in the photo. Many shops are nearby ten minutes down the road at River City. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Susan G, AGM at Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you very much for the glowing review! I am so glad we continue to provide the service that keeps you coming back..

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I stay at this resort as a rest night while driving to Disney. Always quick service, good food selection at breakfast and clean room. The kids and I enjoyed the pool which was also well kept. I will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Susan G, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

I am so glad youi decided to stay with us on your way to Disney, and I am glad we were able to begin your "magical" experience the right way! Be sure stop by and see us on your way back through -

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Pros: Great location. At the intersection of State 200 and Interstate 95 it is about 20 min to downtown Jacksonville and 20 min to Amelia Island.
The Check in was fast. The rooms were clean and quiet. The room had a fridge and a microwave, which was very helpful. I didn't have the complementary breakfast, but did have the provided coffee, which was appreciated.
There was always someone at the reception desk, and they were always helpful and pleasant.
only Con: Getting out of the hotel to go east to Amelia Island was a little difficult as there is construction going on on State 200. Hint: Turn right toward the 95, and make a u-turn after passing the 95. Very quick and easy.
Thank you for a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Drue M
Susan G, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! Hopefully the next time you come through you will be able to try the breakfast!!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Good morning;

My wife and I were returning home from a three week trip to N.C.
We decide to stay at your motel in Yulee Florida the,
Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites, Yulee, FLORIDA
What a mistake, if it wasn’t so late or so rainy we would (should) have left.
This has to be the worse run Best Western we have ever stayed at,
DEIFINITY not a “Plus”, unless your quality has gone down.
I’m not an average over complainer, BUT here are some of your deficits.
FILTHY; ever where, even the eating area, wow.
The outlets where your heat pans are plugged in has BLACK, grease, dirt around them.
This whole area in itself should be shut down by the state, for contamination.

Breakfast, we went around 8:45 not beginning or end of service.
The Eggs were dried out and hard. Only three pieces of potatoes.
The meat again was dried out and crispy, HARD.
The toasted BAD, after running the bread thru TWICE all we got was
Dried out bread with NO toast color.

We were stuck in a handy cap room, WHY?
Everything in the room smelled like urine.
Even the underside of the toilet seat had something (DoDo?) on it.
The bed sheets were not tucked in, and were wrinkled.
Were any of them fresh?
Did I mention how bad it smelled.

I do not know how long since the carpets had been cleaned,
but Both the room and the Halls were filthy.

Went to get ICE, even that machine was defective.
There was NO rack to set the ice bucket on.
How do you hold the bucket and push the ice dispense
Button at the same time?

Please DO NOT take our work for this, Go and inspect, then change
there rating so your chain does not lose the Best Western reputation….

Room Tip: Go to a different motel If you want a nice room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Susan G, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us! I have forwarded your complaints to the correct departments and action will be taken immediately. Hopefully the next time you come to the area, you will give us another chance to wow you!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This hotel was really nice, the beds & pillows were comfy. It was in a good location, just off I-95. My family and I will definitely stay here again. The bathroom was clean and a good size and the shower rod for the shower curtain was the rounded kind, so you didn't have to worry with the shower curtain sticking to you while you were taking a shower. I don't like when curtains touch me while I'm showering.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us! I agree with you abour shower curtains, and I am glad ours worked for you!! See you again, soon -