“Cinq Etoiles/Five Stars!!!”
Review of Mon Petit Cheri

Mon Petit Cheri
Ranked #66 of 367 Restaurants in Winter Park
Reviewed 19 August 2017

For my birthday, a friend took me here. We walked in and were greeted by the quiche in the front case. I was about to order some crepes, but was told that they served quiche with and without the crust. I had the crustless version, and my "real man" companion, with roots in Mississippi, had a crusted quiche. We also had the romaine salad with house vinaigrette. About to leave, we asked if they had ice cream because a sign at the front said that it would soon be added to the menu. We were told that the owner had gone to Italy to learn to make gelato and was making a few limited flavors. We both ordered chocolate marshmallow, expecting a nut-free Rocky Road. Our single scoops were served in elegant metal ice cream dishes with a beautiful piped meringue on the side. Made with dark chocolate and dark chocolate chips, the ice cream must have had the marshmallow incorporated into it. It was heavenly, much richer than even the imported quality gelato I've tasted at other fine restaurants and even better than that served in Italy. The baristas took our orders, but the French owner/chef served our food with such a humble, caring attitude, wishing each time that we would enjoy her work. What a gift she is and what gifts she brings to the Orlando area. Our meals were reasonably priced, and in milder weather, we would have enjoyed them outdoors. In the heat of summer, indoor dining was a must. I'll end by quoting my "real man" who ate quiche, which came full of tender veggies: "I enjoyed the Dickens out of that quiche! I It was hearty and satisfying." Five stars to everyone at Mon Petit Cheri! We will definitely return and tell others to dine here.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Stumbled upon this lovely cafe for lunch on a day out to Winter Park. Has a courtyard out back with lots of seating. Delightful lunch with the family. Food was delicious!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

While walking around Park Ave we decided to have lunch. Neither of us had any specific urge for a food type so we read the menus from place to place. This one appeared different than the routine so we decided to try it. My wife had the quiche and I had a combo (grilled cheese with ham, soup, and a salad). We both really enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

While traveling through the Winter Park farmers market, we decided to breakfast here. This place offers a French menu. I had a croissant with salmon and poached eggs. Delicious. Everyone else enjoyed their sandwiches, coffee and drinks. Prices were reasonable but this is Park Avenue so parking is not very easy if you don't know the area

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The HOMEMADE french pastries are delicious. The muffins are bought from someplace else, but the croissants, pain au chocolat, canelets, chocolate cake, financiers, apple or pear tarts and more are all made by the wife/chef of this establishment. The coffee is also very tasty, and if you order an espresso, it is served in a china cup that came from one of their restaurants they owned in France. They are also open one night for dinner - Friday nights. It's a special treat.
Of course, we locals will always miss Palmano's, but the lovely French couple who owns and operates Mon Petit Cheri have made their mark in Winter Park. We hope they stay.