“Best Fish Tacos I've ever had!!!”

Winter Park Fish Company
Ranked #2 of 361 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Comfortable casual table service restaurant with high-end local fish & seafood. Lots of choices, from scratch made sides & preparations to fish choices that fit the needs of any seafood lover. Open kitchen dining room and lots of temperature controlled outdoor seating to enjoy the wonderful Florida weather!
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This place is tiny. The interior has about 4 tables and a bar, but there is a bunch of seating outside but it was 95 degrees and 100% humidity when we ate there. We went for lunch during the week and we're sat very quickly.

The service was great and we were given a "sample" of their salmon and jalapeño dip prior to even ordering. This was a nice touch and delicious. If there wasn't another item we wanted to try for an appetizer I would've ordered more. (They actually offer it to go and I might go back and pick some up)

They have a good beer and wine menu and happy hour specials but we both had iced tea. The server was prompt and refilled it often (it was hot out).

We ordered the chefs choice honey fish mini sandwich as an appetizer. It was so cute and lightly fried that it wasn't greasy or heavy breaded at all. You could taste how fresh the fish was. It also was dressed with a very good slaw.

The main course consisted of fish tacos---THE BEST IVE EVER HAD! We got the two types of fish tacos, their basic and also the Jamaican jerk. We each liked our choice better than the other, but they both were amazing. The Jamaican jerk ones were served more fajita style in cast iron and the basic tacos were already assembled. The basic ones were so good that I am craving them as I am writing this. The fish was so FRESH and not overcooked.

The portions were huge!!! It isn't what you expect which is more of a street taco, these are sets of huge tacos. You'd expect the portions to be small with how high quality they were, but not at all. We likely could have shared one entree.

Yes, even so....we still got dessert (this time we shared). It looked too good to pass up-- and it was! I'm glad we ordered it even though you could've rolled me out of there.

We got the fresh blackberry and lime pie. It was a little pricey for a dessert, but when it came out you knew why-- it was HUGE! (It was so good we ate the whole thing!) I wonder if they could sell more if they dropped the price and sold smaller pieces. It was so light and the perfect flavor of not too tart and not too sweet. The vanilla bean whipped cream was a great texture and almost has the appearance of ice cream.

Needless to say-- I'll definitely be back!

(They also have a fresh fish case you can take home fish from).

Mitch R, Owner at Winter Park Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Wow! Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy to hear about your experience. We could make our lime pie smaller, but then you would have to order two :)

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Every dish was outstanding. Bam boom shrimp and Caesar salad were different and very good. Traditional dishes all served with a unique twist.

Thank you so much! We're all about changing up old classics. Come back and see us!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I was here for one night on business ordered the platter and it was great. Service was awesome and the food came out quick. They have fresh fish caught daily. Pricing was one point. I ordered the blondie brownie for dessert

1  Thank Omar D

Thank you! We hope business brings you back our way very soon

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

When ever I'm in winter park it's my favorite place to eat seafood! Always good and fresh! Meals consistently great! Servers are friendly and helpful with what is good on the menu.

1  Thank Rhonda F

Thank you! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is small with a long wait, but it is very much worth that wait. We had several different types of fish tacos and all were exceptional, especially the jerk. Coconut macadamia encrusted my hair with coconut curry sauce was also a highlight for one in our party. I am now the sweet sugary it was really hush puppies are a tad over rated. Interesting flavor, but not what I was hoping for. Many loved them. Ahi tuna cooked perfectly rare with mac & cheese that was tasty and creamy. Wonderful find of a dive that comes highly recommended!