“SECOND AND LAST VISIT”

Brock's Smoke Hut
Ranked #131 of 214 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 April 2016

With the first visit, the service and food was poor..Willing to give it another try This time walked in for the advertised happy hour. It was only for one particular draft beer, and the wine cost was prohibitive.Trudging on because the poor waitress was trying to make us happy, we were seated and ordered drinks. Before we could get a look at the menu, our ears were blasted with the loudest country music I've ever encountered. We looked at each other shocked and tried to figure if we could deal with it.
We walked to the entrance, apologized to our waitress who offered to seat us outside the restaurant just at the side of the mall entrance/exit doors. No, not looking to picnic. There is a country song that goes: Sorry, sometimes your best just ain't good enough.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ordered a rib dinner. When I got home 5 min. later the meat was burned and cold. The beans must have been from yesterday. The cole slaw was totally different from what I was used to getting there. I've been getting ribs there Quite a while now. I called and told the gentleman there and all he said was ok and hung up. It has been in a steady decline for 3 months now. The driveway is a total desaster

1  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We travel fulltime and love enjoying various area's BBQ. It can be very different! We've tried several of Brock's dishes and learned a couple of things... When ordering to go be sure to check your order...on our first outing they failed to include "any" BBQ sauce so the pulled pork was very dry & we asked if the white beans were done northern or southern. They said northern style...they weren't. We decided to try the rib dinners, priced at $10.50 each. They include 4 nice sized (but fatty) ribs and two sides. The BBQ ribs are pretty fatty and not fall off the bone, beans are ok and the slaw doesn't taste fresh homemade. Here's a big problem: When we went up to place an advance order for the ribs there was a cat sitting by the trailer where orders are taken...a customer warmed me that he would not ever sit at the picnic table again because that feral cat had clawed & sprayed his legs while he sat there. He said other have had problems too. He mentioned that he told the owners but apparently no one has done anything - the cat is still trying to beg off everyone. When we picked up our ribs; the cat was still there and was wanting to rub up on everyone including us...I love animals but I'm allergic to cats. I (we) don't need a feral cat rubbing against we customers anyway. I told the young man who waited on us about the cat and his comment was, "Most people like the cat"... Most people can go there but we're not going back, not with animals roaming around and rubbing against us. My suggestion is to get animal control to take the cat elsewhere, or else sadly the State Health Dept. may be their next customer. We don't want to see that happen.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just visited for the first time since the new owners took over. The ribs were still delicious!! The white beans weren't nearly as good as they used to be - they are more runny now. And no bread nor cornbread came with them.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I stopped to get a quick to go lunch. I had heard the brisket was good but they were out of it, so I tried the pulled pork sandwich with regular barbecue sauce. Generous portion, but the taste of the meat and sauce were average. Also the sweet ice tea had a weird taste. The server was very friendly and helpful.