“Unfriendly staff”

Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Reviewed 14 August 2017

From the get go, it was not as friendly as I am use to. i first thought it I felt that way because I was tired. I soon realized my feelings were right. Any time we had interaction with the staff there was short and some times aggressive answers. When we decided to end our stay short , when I let them know that the reason we were in the area ended soon then expected and I was told I would still have to pay for that night. I really didn't have a problem with that except for the rude tune. Matters got worse when I was charged for the 2 original nights AND additional charge for 1 night stay. When I called to clear it up, I was told it was my banks fault, IT WAS NOT my bank stated it was them that was trying to send both charges though. Thankfully the one charge did not go though.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Anne H, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Mrs. Ewing,
Per our conversation, and I have consulted with Corporate as well, I have explained as best I can to your situation. I am sorry you feel any inconvenience at all with your stay at our property.
However, you decided to check out early well after the check out period to receive a refund. As I have explained, you were only charged the 2 night fee. There was no other charge. The 3rd fee you are referring to is an authorization the card institution placed on your card and as I asked you, you did agree that it said "pending" in your account. We always charge at check in, not authorize. Therefore, I explained that authorization will should disappear within 1-3 business days. At that point, it is up to the Credit/Debit Card Institution to release your funds. I had also advised if you still did not see the release within a few days to call me back so I may work with your institution to release your funds.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you felt.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Anne H, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Have stayed there numerous times over the years. Recently refurbished, bed very comfortable. Staff at desk very efficient and friendly. Will continue to stay at hojo whenever in Winter Haven.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for staying with us when you're in the area. We appreciate your feedback! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Older hotel. Room has older type under window A.C. Room smelled faintly of damp/mold. Room was clean except the dirty washcloth draped over the shower curtain the house keeper must have missed. Towel in bathroom had rust? stains on it. No water pressure in shower. Bed and pillows were super comfortable. Continental breakfast was good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I will talk with housekeeping to make sure this does not happen again. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are making changes throughout our property. We hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Anne H, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winter Haven
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
#1 of 16 in Winter Haven
10.2 km away
Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL? Share your experiences!