“Local Tradition”

Andy's Driven In Restaurant and Igloo
Ranked #4 of 214 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Andy's Drive In is a local tradition. Great food, wonderful milkshakes and ice cream cones. When in Winter Haven FL a must go to!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

While I was looking a good fast food restaurant found this on TripAdvisor. It was a busy Saturday night so I was sat at the bar this was fine. The service was outstanding but the waitstaff that helped me was not very knowledgeable about the food. As I really enjoy Chili I asked if it was home made the response was she did not know. So I ordered a chili dog basket { comes with coleslaw and fries}. Unfortunately the chili tasted very much like hormel. The fries and coleslaw was very good.
Guess next time I will get a burger as it seams this is what they are known for.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

If I am ever out of town looking for a bite to eat, I always check Trip Advisor. This little spot came up. The placed was packed when we pulled up, that's a good sign. My Hubby ordered a sweet tea, a steakett, and an order of onion rings. I ordered a soda, a regular hamburger , and onion rings. Every single waitress stopped and asked if we needed anything. One even got me a drink to go. Then we saw the ice cream. Even though we were stuffed, I had a small cup of the almond joy, and my Hubby had a large chocolate shake. Yummie! Best part was the price! All this for only $25! Don't pass by this gem! By the way, it says drive in, but it is dine in, ice cream can get at an outside window.

2  Thank Krista D
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Saturday night was packed with locals. The cheeseburger was fantastic! Chocolate shake was rich and a small was perfect. The place was old school to say the least and was a little on the dive side but it seemed to be the place to be!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I took my 13 year old nephew for shrimp and fish, thinking we would get typical "popcorn shrimp" and from frozen thin fillets of unidentifiable fish. I was most pleasantly surprised! The shrimp were butterflied with light panko breading and of 3 bite size with copious amounts of really good, fresh from the fryer crinkle cut fries! The $7.95 fish and chips basket included 3 thick cut fish fillets with excellent crispy crust and the accompanying fries were hardly contained by the large serving plate. This place is a jewel, serving, I suspect, the same menu they opened with in 1951. Our server was attentive, the food came out very hot and fresh, and we never had to wait for drink refills. The only improvement could be to accept credit cards, but at these prices I am happy to go a cash only route. This is not the place for health food, but what they do is well done. I plan to go back to try out their ice cream offerings soon. We had no room left for dessert.