“Andy's delivers amazing food and service value!”

Andy's Driven In Restaurant and Igloo
Ranked #4 of 214 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I took my 13 year old nephew for shrimp and fish, thinking we would get typical "popcorn shrimp" and from frozen thin fillets of unidentifiable fish. I was most pleasantly surprised! The shrimp were butterflied with light panko breading and of 3 bite size with copious amounts of really good, fresh from the fryer crinkle cut fries! The $7.95 fish and chips basket included 3 thick cut fish fillets with excellent crispy crust and the accompanying fries were hardly contained by the large serving plate. This place is a jewel, serving, I suspect, the same menu they opened with in 1951. Our server was attentive, the food came out very hot and fresh, and we never had to wait for drink refills. The only improvement could be to accept credit cards, but at these prices I am happy to go a cash only route. This is not the place for health food, but what they do is well done. I plan to go back to try out their ice cream offerings soon. We had no room left for dessert.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

A Consistent "PEOPLES CHOICE WINNER" since 1951, Andy's Is Always A Favorite By The "Locals" For Breakfast, Lunches,Dinner, Or Ice Cream. Reasonable Prices, Fast Service.If You Are Passing Through, You Won't Go Wrong Stopping Here!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My wife and I found Andy's while driving from Orlando to our home in Naples. The space-age 50's type sign allured us as these types of drive in restaurants are sadly disappearing from the landscape. We were not disappointed at all. The restaurant was crowded with families,kids, seniors and everybody was enjoying all types of food from giant sundaes to fried shrimp baskets.

We found a table and were waited on immediately. The menu is large with lots of choices like hot dogs, burgers, fried clams, sandwiches, sides, all sorts of delights. We both had "steakette" baskets, which consisted of a large burger on a toasted roll, great crinkly hot fresh french fries and sweet chopped slaw. The burgers were cooked perfectly medium with a nice charred flavor. Big choice of toppings for no extra charge. Very friendly staff and prices are throwback low! We are so glad we stopped here and look forward to returning.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Single hamburger burnt but replaced. Too small for an adult. Fries not crispy and flopped over. Seafood platter was good but clam strips very small and few of them. Waitresses were very nice as was the owner. The food didn't meet up with the written reviews.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Brought the family for dessert for the first and last time. One is vegan and there was nothing for her. I am lactose intolerant, and there was no ice cream option for me. I ordered a dessert that was supposed to be a chocolate brownie covered in vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream. I asked the server to hold the ice cream and whipped cream. She said that could not be done. The manager walked by, heard her, and corrected her without speaking to me or interacting with the table in any way. When the brownie arrived it was a stale Cosmic Brownie from Little Debbie, cut into little bites that had been placed upon some COLD, not hot, chocolate topping. It was inedible. Two at the table got ice cream that they said was "OK." When we went to pay I handed the manage my credit card and she said that she does not take any cards. There are NO signs, ANYWHERE, that say that credit cards are not accepted. We will NEVER go back.