“Amazing BBQ!!!”

Rick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #50 of 209 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 February 2016

This is by far, my favorite local BBQ place. I have had everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. The meat is almost fall of the bone tender ... which is actually perfect despite people thinking it needs to fall off the bone which is overdone. The brisket is about as tender as brisket can be, with the best smoke flavor ... which goes for all of the meats. They have a few different sauces to choose from on the table. Sweet, Hot, Mustard and I believe another ... I mix the sweet and hot together personally, but all are good alone. The owner is often there, and he is very nice and generous; I saw him give a homeless man a full lunch one day when he didn't have enough money for it.

All of the sides are killer, my favorites are the baked beans and greens, but all are incredible. And the owner's mother makes the jalapeno cornbread from scratch ... this is the food of the Gods, the best cornbread I've ever had!

This place is the go-to place for BBQ, and we go there as often as we can, usually about twice a month or more.

There are newer reviews for Rick's Bar-B-Q

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Great Bar B Q.... sides a little different than some barbque places but they are good and there is a selection.

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Back to Rick's I go. Hi ho, hi ho. Sounds like a song doesn't it? You'll be singing a song when you leave here too. 3 years after my original review and Rick's hasn't changed much at all. That's a good thing in today's market. It's consistently good food and great service makes this the go to restaurant for Bbq. What's not to like when your food is fresh and at a reasonable price? If you're ever in our little town whether to visit friends and family or to visit Legoland, stop by and have a great meal at Rick's.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

All of their food is delicious. Portions are great. Peanut butter pie is delicious. Corn bread is very good. Great customer service. The place is very clean.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

Barbecue is soooo good! Consistently cooked to perfection. More than ample servings. Great value!!! Homemade desserts - fantastic peanut butter pie - all desserts are great. Service is perfection - during my rushed lunch break the staff starts my order because they remember what I like for lunch including the type of barbecue sauce. Can't get better than that! And all tips are donated to charity.