“Alabi where are you going?”

Georgie's Alibi Monkey Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Full service bar & restaurant in the heart of Wilton Manors featuring American cuisine including our Award Winning "Best Burger in Fort Lauderdale" 2 years in a row! Dine inside or on our large outdoor patio with a full bar for your convenience. Newly added Asian inspired menu items, daily food specials, happy hour dining menu and 2-4-1 cocktails weekdays 11am - 9pm and all day on Friday & Saturday. If that wasn't enough, we provide more live entertainment than anywhere on "the drive". You're sure to find something for you at Alibi.
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I went to Georgie's Alabi and was shocked at the direction the bar has taken.
I was at the bar on a Friday evening and found the bar redecorated to look like a modern disco atmosphere. Then the shock was with the bartenders in the main bar. There were 3 hairy bearded older guys (bears) wearing leather harnesses. Is this a leather bar?
Then at 9:00pm there is a shift change and 3 more bearded bears came out to work.
These 3 did not wear leather harnesses.
Alabi needs to get some attractive staff not leather daddy's.
The food is mediocre and they have raised the prices.
This is not a bar I want to go back to.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank arkmort

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I come down to Wilton Manors, Florida quite often Georgie's Alibi is one the places I visit every evening! In fact that's usually always where I eat dinner to start my night out on the strip!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I was very surprised at this experience. I ordered meat loaf and mash potatoes. I was here 3 years ago with friends and we had a blast, this year they may have got a new chef. The mash potatoes needed to be cut with a fork. They were dry and hard. The meat loaf although a very thick piece was very dry and hard to cut through with a knife.
the drink was good and the circuses where grand. But I wont go to eat there again
D

3  Thank traveguy2014
Reviewed 22 March 2018

It's been at least a year since providing a review of our experiences at Georgie's Alibi. I am happy to report that the restaurant has found it's 'groove' with a more consistent expectation of good food, friendly and prompt service. The daily specials menu is a nice addition. Soups are generally very tasty. Special sandwiches of the day provide some great alternatives to the regular menu. I do wish they would add a good old southern fried chicken dinner, complete with mashed potatoes, cream gravy, and a veggie. That would be a big hit. The Alibi Asian style fried chicken was not a big hit with most people - but knowing that the southern style comfort food staple would be available one day a week, would bring in a lot of business. Maybe try it off season. The 2 for 1 drinks are popular and there are several new servers who really have awesome personalities. Charlie is still waiting tables and is the anchor to the restaurant. I think he has trained everyone there and remains super friendly and always focusing on helping guests to have a great experience. We frequent Alibis about once a week and also appreciate their rewards program. Ask any server about it.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

How things have changed over the years. I remember Sundays being packed many years ago. Now that Hunter’s has opened a few doors down, it seems the gay nightlife has changed. Perhaps the crowd goes to happy hour at Alibi FIRST, then onto Hunters or to dinner. They certainly weren’t here when we arrived.

There was a drag show with a Karen Walker (of Will & Grace fame) drag queen and a stripper. Alright, I guess, but definately doesn’t bring in the crowd.