“Good not great”
Review of Il Bellagio

Il Bellagio
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Bellagio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 773 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Il Bellagio serves authentic Italian food in a relaxed atmosphere. We specialize in fresh seafood, steaks, pasta, pizza, soups, salads and homemade desserts. Our outdoor seating is in a beautiful piazza overlooking a fountain.
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I came here on my own for dinner after a long day. It is a wide open space inside (I chose not to sit outside) and I was seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant, great. Views of the fountains playing outside but with air conditioning. Very nice! My waiter, Gustavo brought me the glass of cab that I ordered which was very good and not overly priced. My lentil soup as a starter was excellent and a bit of cracked pepper made it better. So far so good. My main course was chicken with mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes with broccoli and spinach. It really had a good taste but the broccoli was way undercooked and you couldn’t put your fork into it. The reason I give this place two stars instead of the four it deserves is not because of the undercooked broccoli but because when I told Gustavo about the it he just gave me a vacant look, made no offer to reheat my meal (which I did not want) and made NO apology about the fact that I was not 100% happy. Management - this is not Gustavo’s fault - this is about training your staff in customer service. Unless, of course, you train your staff to give blank looks and walk away. Who knows?

Date of visit: September 2018
IlBellagioCityPlace, General Manager at Il Bellagio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello and thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize and will be taking this matter up with Gustavo to make sure he and everyone here at Il Bellagio gives everyone the upmost PERFECT service.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Bellagio is one of our favorite restaurants and we live downtown and could choose any other of the 50 restaurants. They are authentic. The staff is friendly. The food is fresh and tasty at a fair fee. It is s place to go to and there is a nice variety of chooses. It’s locstion is right at city place and is nice to hear the bands playing and watch the action around town. You won’t be disappointed!

1  Thank Scott B
IlBellagioCityPlace, Public Relations Manager at Il Bellagio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thanks so much, Scott! See you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice dinner with good service and a great wine selection. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and will return

Date of visit: September 2018

Thanks Ralph. See you again soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My first experience was just before Christmas and we sat right by the Tree outside. Amazing service very attentive and professional. We started with the calamari appetizer and it was delicious! I had the pasta with four different mushrooms.. truly amazing.. full of creamy flavor.. cooked perfectly. The bread takes you on a Journey to Italy with its crunchy goodness.. and they keep it coming.. I’m Italian and Greek heritage and food is important to me and I’m a great cook and this is the best Italian food I’ve had in Florida. The atmosphere is warm and romantic... I highly recommend...

Date of visit: September 2018
IlBellagioCityPlace, Public Relations Manager at Il Bellagio, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thanks so much!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This restaurant has been around for a long tome. The food is good, service good and I've never been disappointed.Eating both outside and inside available.

Date of visit: February 2018
IlBellagioCityPlace, Public Relations Manager at Il Bellagio, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thanks so much! See you again soon.