Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
US$149
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$149
Expedia.comUS$157
Hotels.comUS$157
FindHotelUS$157
All reviews front desk typical courtyard close to the airport the shuttle driver marriott properties free breakfast dakota bistro lobby wpb
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2021

I've stayed at a lot of Courtyards and other similar Marriott properties and this one didn't meet the same "mid range hotel bar" that they normally do. Probably wouldn't stay here again if I could help it. I am giving this Courtyard 2 stars because:

CLEANLINESS/ROOMS: I found several long black hairs in my room (on the bed, in the "clean towels", on the shower wall). My hair is not black. This was gross. But I had already heard the front desk tell another guest that they were out of towels. I was only here for one night thank goodness. Dust on lamps/cupboards/etc... Especially during a pandemic this should have been better.

GYM: The gym at this Courtyard is one of the worst I have seen and I stay at Marriott properties several times a month. It had a treadmill, a yoga matt, some stability balls, and 9 random unmatched dumbbells. What happened to the rest of the set? Also, when I walked in the gym the Air Conditioner was unplugged (I get not leaving on full blast to conserve power or something but the last thing a guest wants is to walk into a shoe closet gym that's 89 degrees). And finally, the equipment was strewn about, debris/crumbs on the floor, clearly housekeeping had not been into the gym in a long time. Bonus though - there were wipes that were not dried out!

Also I'll just throw it out there that the pool is surrounded by a highway/highway on ramp - I didn't go out there but it doesn't look particularly relaxing.

STAFF/BREAKFAST: The breakfast area is across from the front desk. It serves Starbucks coffee and has a very limited selection of items for purchase (nothing fresh. Not even fresh fruit. Pretty much pre-packaged cookies, cereal, and sugary granola bars). The thing was - the hotel was sold out. And they had ONE staff member working. Her name was Michelle and she was responsible for the front desk, and the breakfast "restaurant". Michelle was very friendly and trying her best but on a completely sold out day - having one person to take care of LITERALLY EVERYTHING other than housekeeping is not acceptable.

Room tip: Room away from highway.
Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rebecca Gabriel, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2021

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns and your experience with us. I know Michelle is a very hard worker and I am happy she provided you with great service. There are many things that have happened during the pandemic that have caused us to be short staffed, and we are actively hiring... with no applicants. We truly want to employee more individuals here and are desperately looking for help. We have had to maintain with a small and dedicated team over the last year and it has been exhausting for all of us. We can only hope we have people that want to be hired and can assist us in service our guests... we are praying we can rise up from the devastation that we have been experiencing for the last year. Please stay safe and healthy!

Reviewed 6 March 2021

I booked a standard room which specified a king bed, what I got was handi-cap room first floor room #103. Bathroom shower appalling with the amount of black mold along floor/wall. Wallboard in bathroom badly chipped and in disrepair. Plastic soap caddy not even attached to wall, just sitting on railing. God forbid I was handicap as toilet was the standard low model. Now for the scary issues, no security personnel on duty at night. Had someone pounding on my door at 2am, not the knock knock oh sorry wrong room, but several repeated poundings trying to get me to open door. If they had the wrong room I should have heard them knock on a neighboring door, never did. Leaving my bathroom light on, someone obviously looked thru peephole and knew the room was occupied. Front desk must have been unoccupied as my room was on the ground floor right down the hallway, they certainly would have heard the noise. Hotel front doors unlocked at night, in a neighborhood that is known to have a high crime rate. Anyone has access to first floor rooms, and possibly rooms above. Not sure whether elevators require room keys to operate. I stay in hotels roughly 10 nights a month for more than 30 years and remain vigilant for my security. I hesitated to accept a first floor room but was informed this handicap room was all that was left.
For your personal security, please consider staying in a more secure hotel in a safer neighborhood.
Had I opened door, I suspect there would have been a very different ending to this review.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience. We definitely take your comments to heart and will work with out team to provide a secure and enjoyable experience for all our guests. We know your concerns are sincere and we thank you for being so open and sharing. Please stay safe and healthy!

Reviewed 28 February 2021

So we stayed here since we have stayed in Courtyards and other Marriotts in the past and were pleased. I have taken COVID into consideration when writing this. That being said, the room was not nearly the quality we’ve come to expect (see pictures). There were several shelves missing from the shower, the hair tie on the doorknob was disgusting, we had half a roll of toilet paper on the roll with no other rolls in the room, stains on the sheets, and you can see the other pictures.

The next day we decided we would wait to see how the room looked after maid service. We returned at 9pm and nobody cleaned the room. We tried to call, but the phone was broken so my wife went down only to return with an armful of sheets and towels. She was told by the front desk person she couldn’t leave the desk since she was the only one there but we can change our own sheets, which we did. When asked why the room wasn’t cleaned, she said we should have been advised that with COVID we needed to request a room cleaning. We were never told that. The woman behind the counter was pleasant and apologetic.

The next morning my wife went to the lobby and saw a Starbucks sign. She asked for some sort of drink but it couldn’t be made because they didn’t have whipped cream. We assumed this would be remedied by maybe going to the store, but it never was. The next day, my wife was told by the person tending the Starbucks/food stand that she can only make black coffee.

Date of stay: February 2021
Rebecca Gabriel, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Thank you so very much for your review and comments. We definitely dropped the ball on multiple occasions during your stay. The unfortunate affects of Covid have hit us very hard, but there is no excuse for the room being dirty. We will strive to better inform our guests and to make sure we have the supplies necessary to ensure an enjoyable stay next time. Please stay safe and we do hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 February 2021 via mobile

I tried to have a walk-in rate but „Ericka W.“ told me they are sold out. I told her that I could book online, she told me that will not work - however it worked. 10 minutes later I was given the worst and loudest room ever at Marriott (I am elite gold member). The bed was dirty and the whole hotel smells bad.

Thank good we only stayed for like 10 hours.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank comby86

Thank you so very much for your comments and concerns. We will address them with our staff so that we may better serve our guests in the future. Please stay safe and healthy!

Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

Staff was unprepared and not friendly! Very disappointed as I frequently stay at Marriott hotels. I was here for a conference and upon arrival they had a line going out the door. They kept saying “go take a seat and I’ll check on your room” and then they never do. I have been traveling all day and am really disappointed by how the room is not ready at the check in time listed. Many guests are having issues at this place. Avoid or be ready to wait hours past check in time to get your room. Not ideal.

Date of stay: December 2020