“A City Place Favorite”

City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 770 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ockeechobee Blvd
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The City Cellar is a favorite of mine when visiting the City Place mall area. Some of the other restaurants in the area don't have the consistency like City Cellar and we can always count on a great experience when we visit.

One recommendation would be the weekend brunch but skip the Bottomless Mimosas - the champagne used does not taste good.

Suggestion - upgrade the champagne and charge a little more - people will pay for it.

Hope you enjoy this restaurant as much as we do.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow - what an excellent dinner we had here. Been to City Place many times but never visited this place. So glad we did. The food was absolutely so of the best fish dinners we have ever had. My wife had the salmon and I need a special - fluke. The dishes were not only amazing in taste but also good portion and excellent presentation. The service was some of the best we have had in any restaurant. Our water was filled about ever other sip. The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable of the whole menu and as I said - very attentive. All in all one of the best meals we have had in a long time. Just one note - the prices are definitely up there but we felt completely worth it. HIGHLY recommended.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Because of the location of this place I expected it to be a little bit like a tourist trap. I was wrong. I would give the food a solid eight. My chicken entree was ok and a little small. My date had the gnocchi entree and that was much better. What made dinner a 4 out of 5 for me was the ambience and the excellent service. I also was able to buy a bottle of wine at 50% off. That helped with the cost of the bill. Otherwise this place is 5-10 dollars overpriced per entree given portion sizes and taste. But we did have an excellent overall experience.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Was impressed with the restaurants decor, the service was good food and wine was excellent, would recommend to friends and family

Reviewed 28 October 2018

My husband chose this place because he thought it would have a variety of sparkling wines--the selection wasn't as extensive as we thought and we wound up getting a bottle of (ol' reliable) Mums. We were feeling a bit disappointed with the basket of bread--tasted stale--was sourdough, so not a good combination.

Rather than going for a full meal, we ordered the margherita pizza with Italian sausage and it was perfect! Oven cooked with a super thin tasty crust, not greasy and so fresh! We were happy with this choice.

Our server was awesome, and the like restaurant is beautiful, so dinging just one star for the bread.