“Fresh pasta, a bit expensive”

City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 769 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ockeechobee Blvd
Reviewed 30 September 2015

The pasta's are all made in house and are very good. There were four of us and we each had a different type. These were all good size portions and three of us could not finish them.

They offer various specials and these were the best value. The specials also included various wines for half the normal price - a very good deal.

I chose the veal meatballs with pasta and it was very good. 4 large meatballs and a generous serving of pasta that I could not finish. The Gnocchi al forno and Strozzapreti were also very good and large portions. The largest dinner was the Parmesan crusted free range chicken. It was 2 large breasts with a very generous serving of potato puree. My nephew enjoyed it immensely and was the only one of us who could finish their entree.

The waitress was just OK, once she took our order she only returned once or twice. She never offered more bread and I had to flag her down to request fresh cheese for our pasta.

The negatives are that the women's room is downstairs and the restaurant got quite loud when it filled up.

My advice is to check the specials of the day and go with them.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Okay I fib, it wasn't a meatball....HOWEVER, it was THE BEST "homemade" lasagna I have ever tasted in my life. The addition of braised beef rib and the creamiest mozzarella made this lasagna simply exquisite. We started with an appetizer of Brussels Sprouts in a Garlic Aoli, which I have to admit I didn't care for but, that's just because I don't like my brussels sprouts al dente. We finished with Creme Brulee which was also very delicious. Family and friends dining with us were all delighted with this restaurant. Do yourself a favor...give it a try. P.S. Service was GREAT!!!!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Good food, good drinks, good atmosphere, good location. Went for cocktails and tapas with a friend and had a lovely evening. I'd recommend the brussel sprout, bacon, cheese plate - I'm not even a brussel sprout fan but it's really good.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

This was my first visit and I had a great experience. As a Spaniard they got me the moment I saw a Spanish ham leg. Yup, you can order "Cinco Jotas" Spanish iberico ham as appetizer.

Food was very good, we had the salmon and the short beef ribs. Everything was cooked very well, nicely presented and expedited service.

If you are in city place, this is probably your best choice.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Truly, you can't go wrong with ANY of the Big City Restaurant Group!!! Rocco's Tacos, Grease, City Cellar, City Oyster, Big City, etc.

With City Cellar so conveniently located in City Place, it's my go to spot before, or after a movie and I'm just wild about their Mushroom/Onion Soup!!! It's quite rich and decadent and all you need is some great crusty bread and a side salad, and you're good to go!!! You can't go wrong with their pizzas, either!!! Thin, crispy crusts, just the way I like them!!! I can't go without mention their incredible wine selection, hence, the name!! This is a real winner, and very popular!!! It's great for lunch OR dinner!!!