“Very Good French”

Pistache French Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pistache French Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 770 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Price range: US$15 - US$39
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centennial Park
Description: PISTACHE is a Parisian-style French bistro thoughtfully infused with the vibrant tastes of the Mediterranean. Serving up timeless, authentic cuisine created from only the freshest local ingredients and highest-quality imported products. PISTACHE is considered the premier classic dining experience in downtown West Palm Beach. Despite its tasteful, modern European ambience, sophisticated menu, and first-class service, prices are moderate, dishes are unpretentious, and the scene is carefree and casual.
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Right on Clematis street in Downtown West Palm Beach.

A very good French restaurant with classic and modern French dishes,

My wife started with her favorite, French onion soup and my favorite, escargot, just the right amount of garlic. So good for dipping French bread.

For mains, I tried the HUDSON VALLEY DUCK BREAST, Pan Roasted, Sweet & Sour Braised Red Cabbage, Celery Root Mousseline, Apple & Frisée Salad, Foie Gras and Madeira Jus. Flavorful and melted in your mouth.

My wife had the Mahi Mahi special , Char Grilled with caramelized onion and sauce Verdi over black rice. Very good dish.

For dessert we had to try the DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE with Vanilla Chantilly, Berry Salad, and Cocoa Dusted Meringue. Great finish.

Date of visit: April 2018
Titou_Sunny, Guest Relations Manager at Pistache French Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your evening with us. The French Onion Soup is a favorite among our guests. We work really to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected in your last visit. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I'm so sad to have to write this review, but I've given the restaurant multiple opportunities to fix that which has gone wrong and they've been penny not-so-wise and pound very foolish.

I moved to West Palm Beach in December. The first time I found Pistachio was a few months ago during a pet fair. I walked by and thought their Happy Hour looked interesting. They have a nice variety of fare for both food and drink and I will say that both are tasty. Where they fall short is with consistency and service.

The afternoon when I first stopped by the staff at the host desk were extremely friendly. We chatted for a long time, which is what prompted me to come back. They also encouraged me to try their other restaurants (I've since tried the Regional, which is so-so).

First of all, I must say that there is a level of snobbery amongst the clientele in Pistache. I'm not really sure why. I don't find the people there to be nearly as friendly as at the restaurants at CityPlace. Perhaps this is symptomatic of the way in which people are treated at the restaurant. I think the staff is also rather snobby. Now let me proceed to the very specific complaints I have about the restaurant and why I'll never be back.

I did go to the Happy Hour. I ordered the lavender martini, the mussels and the salmon tartare. If one reads my other reviews, one will see that I have food allergies. It's a difficult situation with which to live, but I'm VERY careful with my orders as a result. I ordered the tartare without croutons and crackers, because I cannot have the gluten. The tartare came out with the croutons, although it did not have the crackers. The martini was supposed to be made with Titos vodka, but they used a substitute. FORTUNATELY, I did catch it because otherwise, I would have awoken at 3 a.m. with a screaming migraine. I brought it to the attention of the bartender and he told me that the menu was wrong. I explained to him that if the menu is wrong, he needs to tell a customer that he is substituting a different alcohol before doing so due to customers like myself. Later, I talked to a manager about the situation as well and he told me that the menu was correct. I then got a new tartare and the bartender cut up cucumbers for me to enjoy the tartare.

The next time I went in, I talked to the same bartender. He remembered that I needed the Tito's vodka, but I asked him if the manager had spoken to him. He had not. I was rather disturbed. He again made the salmon tartare for me with the cucumbers. I was actually there with friend this time and we had several other dishes as well and things went relatively well, with the exception of learning that the previous discussion with the manager did not change any policies regarding swaying from the menu (basically, false advertising by substituting a cheaper vodka).

The next time I went into Pistache, a different bartender was working. I ordered a different drink, in order to avoid the Tito's debate. Honestly, the drink was absolutely awful, but I don't remember what it was. It was something with tequila, but it was disgusting. LOL. I again ordered the salmon tartare with the cucumbers, but this time I was charged $2 for 5 small slices of cucumber...5 slices!!!! I was not told I'd be charged this before they did so. When I talked to the manager, he explained that people don't like to make a scene in front of their guests about up-charges. This made some sense, except I was alone. The manager and I had a long chat about this issue as well as the issue with the Titos vodka. The told me that the previous bartender was absolutely wrong and that they should be using Titos. I explained that they weren't. He also removed the $2 charge for the cucumbers and told me that if I had any further difficulties with being charged for them, that I should get a manager.

Weeeellll...today, I went back in and had the original bartender back. This fine, young man who was actually attempting to give good service apparently got into trouble for doing so and NOW he needed to charge me the $2...even though I was told that from now on I would not be given that charged.

The funniest part is that I was there to see how busy it was on a Sunday to see if it was feasible to plan a Meetup event there. Instead, I walked out, without eating or drinking and do not plan to be back, let alone bring anyone else there.

1  Thank ruthrh
Reviewed 10 May 2018

The Sweet Corn Fiesta was last month, so the sweet corn bisque is not on the menu. However, on Moules Monday, and if you purchase an entree, its all you can eat mussels. The downtown classic has a very good staff, a very good French menu and specials.

Date of visit: May 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon, on Moules Monday!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Pistache is a better-than-average bistro, located at at the base of Clematis Street. I enjoyed dinner on the outdoor patio, and service was kind and prompt. No problem getting parking, as there's a multi-floor lot right behind the building. A good choice for French food in West Palm Beach.

Date of visit: April 2018

We appreciate and Thank You for talking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Invited our friend for a pre birthday dinner. We had cocktails at the bar and a very nice bartender. Tall and handsome and all round nice guy.
Went to our table. Ordered mussels, octopus and corn crab soup as appetizers. The octopus and soup was really delicious. The mussels were good but on the sandy side.
We had the chicken entree, I had the dinner portion of mussels and my friend had the steak au pointe. The steak was very tender, the chicken was also delicious. My mussels were a tiny bit sandy and a little heavy on the salt. Our server was Eva. She was very attentive, professional and nice. She did a great job!
Profiteroles for dessert. We enjoyed everything and as always the bread and butter is amazing.

Date of visit: May 2018

Thank you for your kind words and great feedback! We appreciate and value your comments and compliments! I will share with Eva and the Pistache team. We hope to serve you again very soon!