“Doesn't seem to have improved in years of trying”
Review of Quail Hollow

Quail Hollow
Ranked #102 of 132 Restaurants in Wesley Chapel
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I looked back at reviews going to 2013 and the problems were the same. We had 14 of us at a table last night. Three tables were filled with a birthday party and one other table was full. So there were lots of people. The band, Nunes at Night, was great. There, I have said everything good. Now the bad. Food and drinks took FOREVER to arrive and then had to be sent back in some cases. Wait people would disappear and not be seen again. Supposedly the restaurant is under new management, but this is an ongoing problem that can't seem to be fixed. It is a great venue, with pool and cabanas outside. They just need competent manager, cook and wait people.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

After being told that a server would be with us shortly, one never came by. I had to go to the bar to order drinks and food. The food never came. This nice facility will never do well until the service is cleaned up.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

While overlooking the newly renovated pool, you can enjoy a very good meal from a quick lunch to a nice dinner.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

This venue has an outdoor seating area around the stage and pools which is rumored to have wait service. I say 'rumored' because it was really hard to tell on my most recent visit. After a waiter walked past our table, never acknowledging us, for the first 20 minutes after our arrival, I stopped him and asked for a menu. He had a bar menu in his hand that he gave me. One would take this as a clue that we might want to order something, but the waiter never came back. We did manage to finally get his attention and told him we wanted to place an order. A few minutes later, a waitress came over to take our order. Two soft drinks, a bottle of water and one entree - not too complicated. After almost 15 minutes, she comes back with the drinks, however, she got one of the soft drink orders wrong and forgot the water. After over 45 minutes, she stops by the table and states that another server had taken the entree. After another 10-15 minutes, the food was served. The food wasn't bad, however, it must have been microwaved because there were hot spots/cold spots throughout the entire entree. The portion size was good. When the meal was served, I requested that forgotten bottle of water. The waitress never brought it. She also never came back to the table to confirm everything was OK or to see if we needed anything else. We tracked her down to get our checks, and wouldn't you know it - that forgotten bottle of water was billed! She reissued the check immediately - fastest thing done all night. She came back to the table for payment - took both of my friends checks and payments, but not mine. . . We stayed to enjoy the live music, and did not have any wait service for the remainder of the evening. Before leaving, I went to the bar area and asked for the manager. I waited over 15 minutes, and then, by chance, was able to talk to the manager (a weird, long experience that is too complicated to provide details here). Once I explained the experience, the manager apologized, and asked that I give them one more chance. That's it. That's all he could offer. Period. Extremely disappointing service, extremely disappointing food, extremely disappointing length of time spent just waiting for service. One a bright note, the live music was great - the band rocked.

1  Thank SPBVacationers
Reviewed 21 April 2015

After the renovation, my family and I tried the restaurant for lunch. We waited over 30 minutes and no one came to the table. Waitresses passed our table, but they ignored us. We left, so I couldn't leave an accurate review.
Fast forward a year. This time we were served, but had to sit by the bar. There was some "event" going on, and most of the restaurant was reserved. The bar wasn't bad and the food came quickly. Honestly, it was so blah that I forgot what we ordered. Service was good, beer was cold, but the food was freezer to fryer bar chow.
Last trip was in October for their annual Halloween party. Some guests in costume, some just wandering around looking at the people in costume. Beer was cheap and the servers were friendly. Entertainment was ok, if you like country bands. We didn't bother with food.
As a golf course bar, it's not terrible. As a restaurant, I would avoid it. I suggest a beer or two after golf, then drive to the local Cody's for food.

1  Thank George N