“Twice in one week .... need I say more”

Masa Asian Bistro And Bar
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Weeki Wachee
Reviewed 19 July 2017

As a lover of sushi, thought I would give this new place a try. Was not disappointed, and went back within several days. Since I can only recommend the sushi, not sure how tasty the other entrees would be, but, from what I observed, the portions are large, and did not hear anyone complaining. For lunch, order the "Lunch Roll Special." The best deal is the 3 sushi rolls @ $11.25, incl. soup or salad (available 11 am - 3pm). MASA may become my new "go-to" place for fresh sushi ... Chinese, Japanese, and Thai cuisine, great service, cash or credit, affordable prices, and plenty of parking , great combination. Hope this is helpful for your first visit.

1  Thank FLworldwanderer

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The title says it all. We had a birthday get together here because our daughter is a vegetarian. There were many choices for her to pick from as well as the rest of our party. The selection is varied from Thai, Chinese, and Japanese dishes. We visited at lunch time and the prices were great as well as excellent portion sizes. The decor is tastefully done and very relaxing. Great addition to our area. Try it! We don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Recently had dinner there with my vegan daughter. We both enjoyed an excellent meal. My daughter's was so large she had to bring some home.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

After hearing from my wife and friends how wonderful this place was, I decided to take the wife to dine there last night. My wife had sushi there on her first visit and enjoyed it very much. However, going there last night it turned out to be a bad choice. My wife ordered the Pad Thai and I ordered the Drunken Noodles with chicken. We also ordered the "Fast 8" appetizer. The app was ok and the main course looked very good when it arrived. But that's where it stopped. Both the wife and I ordered our entree's to be extra hot to the point of being Thai hot. The server laughed and said we would be in tears. I told him it was no problem since I had been in Thailand and was well aware of the heat and that's the way I enjoy it. Well there were in tears in our eyes alright. The entree's had NO spice at all. ZERO. Nothing. Totally lifeless from what Thai food should be let alone the total absence of the spice level we ordered. Additionally the over use of basil really ruined them as well. Neither the wife or myself ate very much. A server did come by and ask how the food was. She seemed shocked with my answer. She did check the ticket and the heat level was clearly written on it. She did offer to have them refired and we declined and we also refused to box it.
Additionally there was a couple of other things that got our attention. We sat at the bar and there was an 8 or 9 year old boy walking around the bar and was in and out of the coolers all the time. Sometimes he would remove items and take them to the sushi bar. We also witnessed him making a 3 minute bathroom run and doubted there was any time for hand washing. I serious doubt he's an honor grad of a food handler or Safe Serve Course.
We also witnessed the Bartender "short shoting" several drinks. Mostly the ones that had more than one liquor in them. They are harder to tell if you've been shorted. He was also having problem with the soda dispenser. The red cone end on it kept coming off and spraying soda everywhere. It once popped off on the floor and he picked it up, put it back on and said, "don't tell anyone!". If that's happening in plain sight, it just makes me wonder what's happening in the kitchen. So with this event and the kid handling food items it just makes me wonder how sanitary everything really is.
Also noticed they do not provide any napkins. I didn't see any on the tables as well. Luckily we were at the bar and could reach the drink napkins.
The full bill came, we paid it and departed probably never to return again. If by the slime chance we do, it will be for beer and sushi only and we'll sit there and watch them do it.
It was very very disappointing. So, we will continue to visit the Thai Cuisine restaurant at "four corners". They get it right.

1  Thank FlaKeysChuck
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Have to say that buy the look of this restaurant from the out side there was no way I was going in, but our friends suggested we meet there, I have to say I was wrong ! What a classy very nice place this is, full liquor bar, great menu with something for every one, wonderful staff, and very resonsable prices, ok hate to admit was wrong I judging from the out side, go check this place out hopefully you will be as impressed as we were, enjoy !