“Average, Good Local Italian”
Review of Bella Napoli Ristorante - CLOSED

Bella Napoli Ristorante
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Winner of multiple Vero Beach Press Journal Readers Choice awards. Owned and operated by Maria and Joseph (from Naples Italy)for over 20 years in Vero Beach, FL. Casual and quaint decor with amazing menu items inspired by southern Italy.
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have been coming to Bella Napoli for the past 5 years. There are many excellent Italian Restaurants in Vero Beach. Bella Napoli is not on of them. However that being said we came here Friday night because we knew we could get in at 6 PM when other restaurants would be totally booked.The restaurant is always cozy, clean and engaging. The smell of cooking garlic when you arrive is always pleasant.

Lisa our waitress was friendly, and efficient. I had Calamari (Squid) sautéed in White garlic sauce, over linguine. 17.95 Pasta was al dente and the Calamari was perfect. Molly had Veal Marsala over pasta, sautéed with mushrooms, prosciutto ham and marsala wine 20.95 This dish was also excellent.

You will never get a bad meal here and can always be seated quickly, never a wait. This restaurant is close to where we live, so convenience is the reason we dine here as often as we do. There just seems that something is missing here. Perhaps the owners aren't as engaging as Bobbie Rose at Amalfie Grill, Dario at Trattoria Dario or Claudia and Val at the Tides. Even the Bone Fish people are more friendly.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

It's like going to your Italian "Nona's" house for Sunday dinner. It was all there, freshly made with love. We had "Prosciutto and Melon Appetizer" (sweet and melted in your mouth), "Zuppa di Mussels" (fresh from the ocean), "Veal Picatta" (cut it with a fork tender) and the highlight of the meal (and our trip to Vero) "Veal Saltimbocca " (cooked for 8 hours that day, served on the bone and with tiny fork to savor the marrow). Take your time and enjoy each course with a glass of the house Chianti. Mangia!

1  Thank tuscanyguy
BellaNapoliVeroBeach, Owner at Bella Napoli Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We truly appreciate your support!

Because of your support and effort, we wanted to make sure we communicated some bittersweet news. Maria and Joseph (owners and operators of Bella Napoli) have announced their retirement after 20 years of business in Vero Beach, FL!

For more detailed information about this, please visit our website.

Also, if you are a Bella Napoli Gift Certificate holder issued/signed by Maria or Joseph, please rest assured we have not forgotten about you. Please visit our website for information on how to redeem them.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Food was delicious. Service was outstanding. Atmosphere is so much better than the franchise places. I will be making this a regular spot.

1  Thank johnny112580

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Best Italian food in Vero Beach especially the veal dishes. Able to cut with a fork. Excellent sauce like mama would make. If in the mood for a steak, one of th tastiest I've experienced. Our favorite has left, but this in no way compromises the food.

1  Thank Dodger5332
BellaNapoliVeroBeach, Manager at Bella Napoli Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant last night for my husbands birthday.
I feared the worst when we arrived and the place was empty. We were the only people in there on a Saturday night!
Starters were awful & looked froozen, but we persevered to the main course. I ordered chicken Alfredo it was tasteless & disgusting. I told the waitress I couldn't eat it. She was very pushy & started demanding I tell her what it was missing!? She insisted I order another meal.
When she went to order the meal I could hear her slagging me off in the kitchen to the chef.
By the time she brought the replacement meal out I'd had enough & said I didn't want it and to just give us the check.
They took the meal off the bill but I will never return to this restaurant. Poor service & terrible food!

1  Thank Tanyatwo