“Great lunch and drinks”

Heaton's Reef
Ranked #33 of 362 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Description: Heaton's Reef Bar & Grill is the ideal place for Vero Beach Hotel guests to cool off with cocktails, snacks, and magnificent ocean views.
Reviewed 4 November 2018

We had lunch here by the pool and it was delicious. Great grilled chicken wrap, nice frozen drinks, and a great view. Only complaint is that service is a bit slow.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We spent the day at the beach at the hotel and then stopped at Heston’s reef for some pina coladas and burgers before heading back to our room. Pleasant seating near the pool area. Burgers were delicious but took some time to get and were on the expensive side. Truffle fries and pina coladas were delicious as well. Service was pleasant but slow and hard to find for refills.

Date of visit: September 2018
DamienP1006, General Manager at Heaton's Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Beth S, Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your time and I will definitely address the slow ticket time for your burgers. Thanks for letting us know.

Damien

Reviewed 12 September 2018

The "Heaton Burger" is quite excellent, and they have Guinness in nitro bottles, two of my favourites. Their prices are somewhat above average, but the views of the ocean are what make it a special place. Parking can be challenging as well, although there is valet parking available.

Date of visit: May 2018

Charlie Q, Thank you for the review! That burger is something huh? Come back to see us again soon as we are changing our menu with a new chef on board.

Damien

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I love going here for the perfect view of the full moon, I've also been for lunch. Nice chicken salad with fruit. But I really don't love plastic cups, I get it, it's next to the pool, and if there is a band it's to noisy, but it's a fun place when it's quiet. I usually venture next door to Cobalt and sit by the fire pit if it's loud.

Date of visit: February 2018
Robert G, General Manager at Heaton's Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thanks for dining with us at Heaton’s. That’s the spot for a great lunch and fun in the sun.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Class act ! From the moment we arrived until we departed. Visited on Saturday before Mother’s Day, welcome by valet with a smile and courteous greeting and he gave us directions to Heston’s , it is up a flight of stairs/elevator and then look for the beach. We were a party of 6 , very polite server greeted us and then ensured we had a table with an amazing view. We ordered a pitcher of Mojitos and never looked back (we had a DD) the apps were tasty, burger cooked med-rare perfect. Mahi fish was just right temp and flavor. Lobster tacos were good but a little over and the lobster was fried? Our server was very attentive to our needs and wants, she was awesome. Will return again. Keep up the great work, great team atmosphere !

Date of visit: May 2018
Robert G, General Manager at Heaton's Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Wow!! It sounds like you had a great time at Heaton’s... I wish I was there with you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave some positive comments.