All reviews time share hot tub facing the street one bedroom unit housekeeping staff are gas bbqs can't beat the view small studio vacation spot older place pickle bar best kept secret on a daily basis nice size pool house keeping full kitchen short walk
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I just spent one month vacationing at the Reef Ocean Resort from November 25th through December 23, 2017. I experienced wonderful weather, friendly and interesting people from many different states, a lovely beach front efficiency unit #108 the first week and 2 weeks in an apartment unit #602 with ocean view and the final week in a first floor apartment across from the pool and hot tub unit #501. I also have another apartment that I exchanged for a week in May 2018. For the past 2 years I have observed the following: the front desk staff are very friendly, knowledgeable, professional and answer your questions or concerns in a most efficient manner. The General Manager, Deborah Hughes, is the super glue that makes everything happen so smoothly and does not hesitate at her weekly Manager's meetings on Tuesday to update both owners, renters, or exchangers as to up-to-date renovations and important matters that are taking place at the Reef Ocean Resort. I would also like to mention that the Housekeeping Staff are like ninjas. You leave your room for breakfast or a walk on the beach and come back to a very clean room, beds made perfectly, towels exchanged, etc. Renate is the head of this department and you just need to call her and within minutes your problem or situation is resolved. The grounds are immaculate along with the pool and hot tub cleaned and maintained every day. As far as security is concerned -- how about 24/7? You don't always see them but they somehow know if there is a trespasser using the hot tub/pool or parked illegally. I live in Orlando, Florida which is only 105 miles away yet I call the Reef Ocean Resort my second home. Believe me, the entire staff treats everyone with respect and you feel like a V.I.P. after check-in. Can you tell I am obsessed with this best kept secret on Ocean Drive in Vero Beach? If you want to stay in an expensive $350+ hotel and spa next door or down the street....go ahead. Remember it is the same beach, same amenities, ocean view, etc. I would rather use my extra $$ and go to a nice restaurant or shop at the unique stores on Ocean Drive. Publix is only a few miles over the bridge if you prefer cooking your meals in your well equipped kitchen and enjoy the ocean view while eating your meals. Hope you enjoy your stay at this wonderful resort with a very nice restaurant called Bobby's right next door.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank cw3abarr
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We went to the Resort for a quick lunch, and stayed there for 3 hours listening to the band and enjoying the atmosphere. The food (fish fry and burgers) were well prepared, and delicious. I would strongly recommend the restaurant... Haven't stayed at the resort.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a week at the Reef Ocean Resort, we used our points and exchanged through Interval for a one bedroom unit. We were lucky enough to get an ocean front. Not luxurious accommodations but everything is here that you need. We were steps from the beach, steps from the nice pool and hot tub and there is a restaurant out front. Several other restaurants in walking distance. Our room had a balcony overlooking the beach, we sat there a couple of evenings enjoying a glass of wine. This is a Quiet resort. You can walk forever on the beautiful beach.
The staff at this resort is wonderful! Check in was quick, grounds and rooms are well maintained, there was even daily towel service to our room. Parking was never an issue for us. There are no elevators so be prepared to carry luggage up a flight of stairs. We hit a cold week while visiting so the first few days we found activities in the area that were indoors. There are museums and outlet malls that are driveable. I do recommend this resort, you’ll feel like family. We would come back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We exchange into this hotel from Interval and had an apartment room on the ground floor facing the ocean. This is an older place but the staff does an excellent job maintain the hotel. If you love to be at the ocean this is a great place, the beach is not crowded and the ocean waves on the shore is a great way to fall asleep. Nothing like the noise machines. Pool and hot tub are good, this is an older place but it is well maintained and a very friendly staff. Great location, walking distance to restaurants and stores.

Room Tip: Request an apartment facing the ocean
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nickdebcapo
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The Reef is a great place. It is older but the staff does such a wonderful job of maintaining the place. Don't get me wrong, if you look around you can see the wear. Again it is an older place. The pool & hot tube are fantastic. The beach is amazing. We were in unit 604 and the view from there is second to none. You get towel service every day. We brought a unit and will be back year after year.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends