See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Wow. I think this dump is by far the scariest dirtiest hotels I’ve seen in 57 years of travel. From the shady looking characters hanging out on the balcony to the huge guard dog barking out the window in the room next to us to holes torn in the bedspreads, to dirty brown water in toilet to the stench, it only took about one minute before I booked another hotel and ran. I didn’t even have time to take pics — just wanted to get out ASAP. Truly not safe. Stay clear!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Vero Beach, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Contessa, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Only motel in area with available room for our one night stay. Room had been repainted, flooring was inlaid wood, linens were less than clean looking, ceiling tiles in bathroom were missing, tub had missing water and drain controls, shower curtain appeared to be relatively new. Woman working desk when we checked in was pleasant but young lady working when we checked out was extremely sharp and rude. Price was so far off the scale that we could not imagine anyone recommending this facility.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2018

She has excellent problem solving skills. And always goes above and beyond to make sure guests are well taken care of. Great hotel and even better staff. Dashawna always makes sure I enjoy my stay. Thanks

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

The room had fleas. Need anymore be said? But yes, sadly that wasn't all. The first (and only night) I only noticed one flea. Not having pets I thought this could be an isolated incident. The main light switch for the room also didn't work. I asked if they could have it fixed, but when I returned from work it was still not working. It was then that I noticed that there were more flees, originating under one of the beds. When I went to the front desk I was told that this was a pet friendly hotel and that all rooms had carpet and pets allowed. I also should note that I attempted to do laundry, but found a sleeping homeless person in the laundryroom which wreaked of human urine. Needless to say the WiFi hardly worked too. The general appearance of the motel was that of a slum. I had made the mistake of booking the room for a month ahead of time for work. After I complained about the flees and told them I was leaving they charged me the daily rate for the Slum room I stayed in. I would have never stayed at such a dump at that rate, even without the flees.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017

well my room was disgusting. the carpet needs to be replaced due to mold under the floor and you can't walk with no socks on or your feet will be black, the ac leaks inside the room on the carpet, they have good cable, wifi sucks, housekeeping dont know how to make the beds right, had stains on the beds that they didnt change them, they thro the blanket and the bed covers on the floor to change the bed sheets, they never wash those blankets at all, bad odor in the room,sink is ok no problems there, the fridge don't cool or freeze things like it should, lets talk about the bathroom area. the toilet is lose you could fall off of it,the toilet paper holder is falling off the wall, the tub is disgusting they never clean the tub, in order to use the tub you have to put a towel down first than shower cause you might walk away with fugus on your foot, the tub also had mold in the tub and around the outside of the tub, the doors are n ot even that secured to the rooms thank God for the dead bolt and the other lock, too many people smoking weed especially early in the morning you get a high if you walk thru the walk way by the pool side, people leave garbage alll over the place, they dont have a dumpster close by the pool area, you can smell the smell of weed and cigarettes coming in your room while youre sleeping. this is a horrible place to stay at even if you have kids

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family