“What a Gem!”

Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are an intimate bistro style restaurant located in the Historic District of Downtown Venice. Our Menu is Continental with a French and Polynesian flair. Don't let the name fool you-this is not an Italian restaurant. Walk or Bike to local shops and beaches and parks. Outside dining is available. Reservations accepted and walk ins welcome. Separate Lunch and Dinner Menu. Casual Fine Dining and Wine Bar (we do offer a full bar). We are very close to Venice Little Theatre now known as Venice Theatre. We are happy to accommodate all Theatre diners. Restaurant and full service catering are available. Lunch 11:30-3:00 (Mon - Sat),Dinner open at 5 (Mon - Sat),Sunday hours are dinner only (SEASONALLY)-call for availability. We serve a smaller menu between 3pm and 5pm outside or at the bar as well.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We had heard about Cafe Venice, but never been there. Well, with friends in from out of town we decided to go some place we hadn't been before and it was OUTSTANDING! While it's a little noisy, the ambiance is still very nice. It's a great menu and two of us had the osso buco which was simply amazing. The tomato basil soup was terrific and I had a great caesar salad. Key lime pie was also amazing.

But there's another factor that makes a dinner terrific...the staff. "Beth" took care of our table. I started with my favorite question for any restaurant we're trying for the first time, "So what do you guys do better than any place on the planet?" Her answer was osso buco and she couldn't have been more accurate! Great wait staff makes a restaurant even better and she was terrific!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

This is our new lunch spot. The food is great. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. The prices were good. I had a great portobello sandwich and the soup was great.

kay k, Owner at Cafe Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for giving us a try! We truly try our best to make all our guests happy. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I just want to take a minute to thank the crew at Cafe Venice for another impeccable dining experience last night. We had decided at the last minute (late morning) to go there for our anniversary - which we did not tell them. I won't bore you by walking you step-by-step through our evening - the only minor glitches were their being out of my first choice of entree (understandable since they closed today for a 2-week vacation) as well as my first choice of dessert. Luckily it's the kind of place where you can throw a dart at the menu and be blissfully happy with your choice. I was. The true stars at Cafe Venice are the staff - our server, Julie, was friendly and totally professional without being cloying or intrusive - what a pleasure! - who saw no need to hover or inquire between every bite how "we" were doing. They just all know what they're doing, enjoy doing it, and do it well. I'm sure they have off nights - don't we all? - but I'm glad last night wasn't one of them. As a veteran of the restaurant business I know that consistency is the key, and after every meal at Cafe Venice we ask ourselves why we eat anywhere else ( well, except for the tacos at Taco Jalisco, BangBang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill and a few others...). Always a pleasure - enjoy your well-deserved vacation!

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review! We truly try our best to make all our guests happy and we're glad it was successful. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Wow what a great meal, we all throughly enjoyed. Salads were great both garden and Caesar salad, main dishes of grouper, veal, and salmon all were outstanding. Dessert we totally recommend the crème brûlée. Be back very soon.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate it!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This comfortable restaurant has many delishes meals to choose from! My favorite is their crab cakes! I find them to be one of the best I have tasted!

1  Thank Jeanne1946
kay k, Owner at Cafe Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Your words are so kind. We look forward to seeing you again soon.