“Potatoe salad”

Herman Meats
Ranked #109 of 255 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Deli, Fast food
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I love this place ! I stop in to grab one thing & leave with several ! Great cuts of meat , home made potato salad ( the best ) fresh baked cookies & pies & bread ! Fast friendly staff ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed 30 August 2015

One of the few remaining neighborhood meat markets thrives on personalized service and high quality meats, produce, and baked goods. Has a very loyal following and deservedly so!

Reviewed 15 July 2015

Since moving into the area I have been searching for a quality meat shop. Herman Meats exceeds my expectations they have a varied selection of fine meats but also have some very good prepared food items. I will be a regular here.

Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

I was surprised by the good to great remarks about this establishment! Unfortunately the meat did not look that good. They carry only 'choice' quality, and for that I can go to a supermarket.

Asking for a beef tenderloin I was told to buy a whole of about 3 Kg! Asking for a nice and thick porc chop, I was recommended to buy a porc T-Bone! Sorry but the loin gets overcooked very fast with this type of cut! Asking for just a porc chop, I was presented only thin sliced ones, others where not available. For Pete's sake, why am I in a butcher shop, if it's not possible to have the cut of your desire?! Every Publix in the area does a much better job in this matter!

At last I decided to buy a homemade pie, which they according to other reviews, make to perfection. Well, I took the one recommended by the sales clerk (cherry and raspberries) and made a comment about the poor service in the meat department. Well, I shouldn't have, it brought me another questioning remark...

About the pie, well, for my taste it's too sweet and too much jelly in the filling. It was good but not great.

Will not return!

Reviewed 8 March 2015

Herman's is great! Good meats, nice people and very clean.. A little expensive but quality meats are expensive...They used to have a Saturday hot dog stand outside that was a Venice institution but some obnoxious lady from NYC filed a complaint that the cook did not use plastic gloves and the Board of Health shut it down...Disaster!

1  Thank gardner34285