“Clean, Efficient and Wholesome”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Valrico
Cuisines: Deli
Description: From focusing on quality, clean ingredients to serving our food to you in a warm and welcoming environment, Panera Bread is committed to being an ally to our guests. That means crafting a menu of soups, salads and sandwiches that we are proud to feed our families. You don't have to compromise to eat well. Whether you want to come in and enjoy a coffee and our complimentary Wi-Fi , or order online using Rapid Pick-Up so you can grab something quickly, Panera Bread Valrico is here with warmth and welcome. Panera Bread. Food as it should be.
Reviewed 24 February 2016

I believe there are over 1,900 Panera bakery cafes across the USA. I’ve been to several of them at lunchtime or dinnertime and one of the things I like is that I know I’ll get a nice sandwich and a hot bowl of soup – always piping hot - for a reasonable price. Other benefits from my point of view are that the restaurants are always clean even during the rush periods, empty tables are kept clear and wiped, floors are swept, the restrooms are clean and well equipped and they have free WiFi for customers.

We were three on this occasion and we all chose a different “You Pick 2” where you combine a cup of soup and a baguette with a half portion of a sandwich.

My Mother-in-Law chose a cup of Clam Chowder which she enjoyed a lot, with a half Roasted Turkey and Caramelized Kale Panini, served on Black Pepper Focaccia bread – which looks like a rectangular English Muffin. MiL enjoyed the sandwich but thought the half portion was quite small, so she made up for it by eating both her and my wife’s Baguette with her soup. Cost $9.35 for soup and sandwich.

My wife chose the cup of Creamy Tomato Soup and combined it with a Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich served on Sesame Semolina Miche – which looks like a chewy slice of white bread with sesame seeds on the crust. My wife enjoyed the sandwich, the size was half as big again as the Roasted Turkey sandwich. Cost $8.55 for soup and sandwich.

I chose the cup of Broccoli-Cheddar soup along with half of a Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich served on Tomato Basil bread heated in the Panini press. The bread looks like a slice of wheat bread with tiny specks of tomato embedded. Another reason I like coming to Panera is that I can substitute the baguette served with the soup for Panera’s brand of kettle cooked chips, which are as delicious as Kettle or Cape Cod branded chips. Cost $8.65 for soup and sandwich.

Given the care that Panera takes with everything else, I’m sure that each bread is chosen to compliment the sandwich ingredients and now that I’ve been to a few Panera’s I’m learning what breads I like and those that I don’t. This dictates the filling I have in my sandwich. I just wish they would serve the Steak and Arugula Sandwich or the Steak and White Cheddar Panini on Whole Grain or Rye bread.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

I usually have brunch with my friends here. It's not cheap, but after ordering my green tea - with free refills - and any of the "You pick 2" combinations they offer, we can be there for hours without being bothered by anybody. Last time we went I got the broccoli and cheese soup and it was delicious. I also included a chocolate chip cookie in my order and it was still warm... yummy! The staff is very kind and the food is good... and they have free Wi-fi!

Reviewed 28 October 2015

We love our ladies get-together for the PICK-2 Lunch or Dinner Deal. Free Wifi !!

Great desserts and soups.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

prices too high, food is decent I wouldn't rave about it, but would go again. lkvormgiomgvyv6ieyuevtioj,trpohgeviorhmuioytmhuioik

Reviewed 24 August 2015

We go to Panera to buy specialty breads. Most of the time if you get there after 9 AM they are out of everything. Seems they only make 1 or 2 loaves of each kind per day.

Been to Panera Bread? Share your experiences!