“One of his first customers”

Joel's Pizza Palace
Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Valrico
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 23 February 2017

I had been looking for an authentic pizza place in Brandon/Valrico for years. We had one on Hwy 60 that came pretty close to Joels, but it was missing something. JOEL himself. This man is so down to earth,& will acutally look right at you and say, " what do you want'? If it's not on that menu and I know how to make it, Its yours. i'll check on the ingredients , I will do it for you, right now, I will make it. WOW WOW WOW Who does that for a person he just met, I had been in the store maybe 5 times at this point when he first opened the doors. He is great.. Well.. I love the pizza.!!! Thin like italian crust is suppose to be, it is thick enough to hold the toppings, it is not cracker crust. But it is not pizza whatever deep dish. so if you want bread, go buy a loaf or go to the chains.
The food is great., the Calzones are so auththentic. Never dissapointed. The chicken parm is to write home about. So delsh. He makes a shrimp parm, Fab!!! Joel made me Chicken Marsala one night when I could not figure out what I truly wanted. It was superior. And he made a bit for himself and said, do you want to sit with me and eat. I said I know you are busy, I regret the day I did not break bread with that man. What an honor. There is a resturant which i will not name over on Westshore that serves upscale italian food, Joels chicken marsala , pizza, clazones, spaghetti and meatballs beats there food any day of the week. I enjoy coiming here, everyone knows your name, but that is not the reason. The food is to die for, fresh, nothing ever bad, I have never had a bad meal here. The prices are so reasonable. If you want to sit home and order Papa Johns and pay the same amt for inferior pizza, or pizza hut or any of those other chains. Please don't. Experience Joels It is far superior and I love it now that he delivers. I am tired when I get off work. I enjoy the convience of the delvery. When he came to town, I was a happy woman. His daughter is adorable and in the resturant somedays. She is a doll to talk to as well. You don't have to believe me, but I sure would like for you to try this great pizza and food this wonderful man makes.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I don't hand out 5 stars easily or often. This is a small family-run, strip-mall pizza joint. The absolute best Sicilian pizza crust I have ever eaten. Lovely and crisp on the bottom with just the perfect amount of doughyness under the toppings. My friends had the thin crust and it was also perfectly executed. Fran, who I believe is the owners' daughter, waited on us and was just delightful. We visit this area for a few days every winter and I have found my go-to pizza place.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent Italian foods prepared by friendly people. Pizza has an excellent New York like taste and crispy crust. Good prices. Very casual.

1  Thank psafara
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I eat here once a week and its delicious every time! We've tried many pizza places, but this is at the top of our list!

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Solid little mom and pop pizza place with an interesting take on chicken wings. Easy to find in strip mall. Clean and bright with fast friendly service.

Been to Joel's Pizza Palace? Share your experiences!