“Great coffee”

Ground Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Hilton
Description: Ground Coffee House, situated in the Hilton Midlands, is not your standard issue coffee bar. Having a keen interest in the science behind extracting espresso and respect for the complexity of this process, great attention to each step of the brew along with the best equipment and in-house roasted beans is sure to capture the attention of any discerning coffee drinker. In an environment where specialty coffee is on the rise, we aim to be on the edge of this revolution through responsible sourcing of our beans and by bringing a selection of single origin coffee to our customers. It is our mission to educate our customer base, expose them to great coffee and offer them an experience that shatters the status-quo.
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Ground coffee is a great stop for a cup of excellent coffee with a friend or alone. The vibe is fantastic and I love the selection of snacks and drinks they have available. I've never ordered something here that I haven't enjoyed.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

A simple, classy, light interior with an open north facing deck complimented by great, friendly staff, and absolutely sublime coffee. To round that out the music is fantastic (modern rock and indie, depending on the flavour of the day), and the facilities clean and fresh.

The interior is decorated in a modern, wood and glass style which creates a business-like, smooth atmosphere. Perfect for a quick coffee date, take away to or from work, or a moment alone. They have done a brilliant job. No doubt in my mind that this the best café in Pietermaitzburg.

I will say that it is small and caters more to the time-pressed working class, so a big group will struggle to get seating. The menu is also quite specialised, so I wouldn't call it a family style place at all. The coffee is special brew, and the style refined. If that sounds up your alley, then go, and be well pleased that you did!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I was in town, visiting family, when a friend suggested we meet up for coffee at “this place in Hilton”.

I was kinda expecting an obscure coffee shop at a forgotten shopping centre with very average coffee but boy, was I (pleasantly) surprised.

This is a boutique coffee shoppe with the best coffee! I had my usual double short capp and ended up trying their new Tumba blend (Rwandan).

Delicious aroma and beautiful taste. A somewhat pronounced aftertaste but not a nasty one. If I drink coffee without sugar, it’s only because the sugar spoils it. And this was such an example.

The building presents very nicely and the coffee shop is superbly outfitted. The Nuovo Simonelli machine on the bar is magnificent. It has certainly changed my mind that the best coffee can only come out of a La Marzocco.

Compliments to the owner(s) and staff for a superb coffee spot that is world class.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

The latte was perfect, the lemon meringue absolutely delicious and the view stunning!
A lovely setting to end a divine day.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I have had many coffees here and you can’t beat it - if you like coffee like me make a big effort. You will not be disappointed