Bilmar is a very welcoming hotel and has everything you could want -- poolside cafe (with delicious mahi tacos!), Sloppy Joe's Bar & Grill (the ideal place to watch the gorgeous Gulf coast sunsets), and the provision of beach chairs, beach towels (in the rooms -- in addition to a generous supply of bath towels), kayaks, etc. My only complaint was that our room (#228) was right next to the ice machine and it was constantly dumping ice out in the block hallway so the sound echoed very loudly. It was also a gathering spot for guests, so there was a lot of loud talk and laughing. Otherwise, it was a wonderful experience, and all of the staff were extremely gracious. We love how Treasure Island beach has been kept less commercial than so many beach areas; for example, none of the hotels are taller than five or six stories, so it doesn't look all crowded by huge buildings like Myrtle Beach. And the older mom and pop hotels along Gulf Boulevard are all very well kept up. We look forward to going back -- we will just make sure of our room location first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida