“wonderful gulf side hotel”

Bilmar Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My daughter and I just spent 2 days at the Bilmar. I was there with other family 6 years ago and it was just as I remembered. The Walgreens across the street is very convenient. We ate at sloppy joes connected to the hotel one night and had great fish tacos with wonderful service and a super view of the beach. This was a return visit and I won't take so long to come back again.

Room Tip: rooms up high have marvelous beach views
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kathy_booth
There are newer reviews for Bilmar Beach Resort

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the Bilmar again this summer. As usual, we had a great time. The rooms were updated and very clean but nothing topped the view of the beach. We ate at both on-site restuarants and enjoyed all our meals. However, there are plenty of other good restuarants within walking distance....no need for a car. The pool was refreshing after a long day on the beach. We love Treasure Island Beach and will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank surfla
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the Bilmar August 19-22, 2011. The location is great, the beach was close and it was easy to get around.
The facility service was terrible. We arrived on Friday, 8/22 around 3pm. By 8 pm the toilet no longer flushed. The people 2 rooms down from us had an adult and child running and yelling up and down the hallway beginning at 1030pm, we finally called security at 1130pm. The air conditioner was so loud, we could not sleep. It sounded like a jet taking off.
The next morning, we informed the front desk that the toilet and air conditioner needed repair. Sometime between 3-6pm the toilet was fixed but the air conditioner was not. Saturday evening, the same people were running and yelling up and down the hallway. We tried to talk to them, they became irritable. We called security again. But, it really didn't matter that much because the air conditioner still kept us up all night.
My sister and her fiance met us for breakfast at the hotel one of the days to see the 'resort'. They were interested in having their wedding there. After our trip, and hearing about our experience, they are no longer interested in having the event there.
I emailed the Bilmar about our stay but never received a response. I did not plan on leaving a review on Tripadvisor, but since I did not receive a response, I am assuming they do not care about their customers. So, they won't mind the negative feedback.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear Shannon D.,

Thank you for your email regarding your August visit to the Bilmar Beach Resort. I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response, it was sent to our sales department but somehow ended up in the spam file and was missed. I care greatly about the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and always respond to emails and calls from both satisfied and unsatisfied customers. You will see evidence of this in my responses to other guest concerns on Trip Advisor. We strive to prevent any negative experiences and to correct them when they occur.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experience during your recent stay. I offer no excuses for our not addressing the noisy air conditioner; we keep spares in stock and should have replaced it. I did research on what was wrong with your unit and found out a number of that brand purchased at one time had a faulty fan blade that resulted in the noise. I am glad they repaired the toilet but I also apologize if it took longer then expected to correct the problem.

While it is difficult to control the behavior of our adult guests we do try and respond with a manager on duty or security personnel to any reported disturbances. It is unfortunate some people do not respect their neighbors and neglect to teach their children how to properly behave in public. I will ensure that my staff is trained how to handle these situations so that the behavior of one guest does not negatively impact the comforts of others.

I am not sure if you visit the Tampa Bay area often but I would very much like the opportunity to make amends for your less than enjoyable experience. If you will contact me prior to your next trip I would be happy to assist you with making arrangements and compensating you for your inconvenience. I am available by phone or email to discuss your previous visit or a potential return stay. Perhaps then you could share a positive stay with the many travelers that refer to Trip Advisor for their travel planning.

Again I apologize for your experience and for the delay in my response to your concerns.

Clyde Smith - General Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Pack a lunch when heading to the beach, the ocean is a wonderfully long walk across gorgeous sand. The resort is centrally located, so park you car for the week because you can walk to all points of interest. Rooms are rooms, some have a better view of the Gulf, but that depends on which floor you're on.

Room Tip: The higher up you go, the better the view of the Gulf will be.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I researched this area for a quick getaway during labor day weekend and the reviews were on point. Upon arrival we we greeted warmly and despite our early arrival they accommodated us perfectly. We stayed in the high rise part of the hotel and the view was fantastic! Sloppy Joes restaurant is on the premises and dinner was great. After a long drive, the hotel is pfect because everything is within walking distance from the supermarket to Walgreens. They have a full kitchen in the room so you can buy a things and stay in! My only issue was the AC unit was really loud and need repairs. In lieu of busy weekend, they ran out of beach towels so I suggest you bring them. But the staff was friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011