We just returned today from a 5 night stay at the Bilmar. I chose the Bilmar due to the positive reviews here on TripAdvisor. What a fabulous vacation we had! The only down-side is that it had to end..
Our room was on the 3rd floor over-looking the pool and Sloppy Joe's with a beautiful balcony to watch the sunsets. The room was very quiet. None of the pool noise or restaurant noise could be heard in our room. The room was very clean, had a small refrigerator, microwave and stocked kitchenette. We bought a few groceries at the Publix across the street so that we could eat breakfast in our room. We ate three different meals at Sloppy Joe's and were extremely happy with the food and service. Very friendly waiters and waitresses.
The area is full of shops, restaurants and bars all within walking distance from the Bilmar. We had a rental car but we could have easily got around without a car. Ricky T's (across the street) was always busy. Great food and nightly entertainment. We also walked across the street and got a pizza from Britts Pizza. Another good choice.
Sunday evening behind the Bilmar was a blast. Several drummers performing with hundreds of people enjoying the drumming, dancing, hoola-hoops,etc. Fun for all ages. The beach area is beautiful, clean and a great place to find seashells.
Definitely a safe area for teenagers. Our daughter (18) and her friend took the trolley all the way to Clearwater and back without any hassles.
Ample free parking. There is an overflow lot directly across the street which we only had to use once but it was not a problem at all.
The Bilmar staff was very kind and helpful. Housekeeping does a great job. Everyone was friendly and made you feel welcomed.
Thanks to the Bilmar Beach Resort for a wonderful summer vacation.. When we return to Florida, we will definitely be returning to the Bilmar. Kudos to Mr Clyde Smith and his staff for a great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida