“excellent service, excellent food”

Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I ate dinner ate this Carrabbas the other night. We both ate the chicken soup (loaded with chicken, delicious) and enjoyed the dipping bread. The entrees were lasagna and shrimp and scallop speeding. Both wonderful. Generous portions, part the lasagne was lunch the next day and still tasted great. Our server was Steven C and he was attentive, but not too much. Drinks were beer and wine. Will definitely return and recommend this restaurant to anyone. We had a coupon which was handled properly.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

I met a friend for lunch there. Our waiter had absolutely zero personality. He asked if we wanted bread and looked aggravated when we actually said yes. Our drinks sat empty during our entire meal. He was no where to be found. I asked for a salt shaker that had salt. He never brought that I had to go get one myself. Once the bill was paid he vanished, never coming back to see if we needed anything else. Every task seemed forced and a bother. The waiter also did not ask me if I wanted to use my dine rewards and even though I gave my number I found out I wasn't given credit for that visit. We were there when it opened and there was not a full restaurant so theire was no busy excuses. This is not the usual location that I go to and it is very safe to say that I will not return. I'll stick to the Carrollwood location. The food was good as always. Carrabbas is very consistent in that. However, Servers can make or break a place I suggest he find another career. One he actually likes..

Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about your service experience. Your feedback means a lot to us and will be taken into consideration for the future.

If you’d like to get in touch directly, please fill out our Contact Us form and we will reach back out: https://www.carrabbas.com/contact-us

Amy

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

First time at this chain and was looking forward to it. 5 of us for dinner at 7:00 on a Friday night. We made reservations for 7 but 2 of our party could not make it. My Husband said his steak was tough my food and the others like their meal. Our real issue was the service.
1. Everyone got their meal except my niece and we were a quarter of the way finished before we had to stop our waitress and ask her about my nieces meal.
2. When traveling hubby and I only drink water at restaurant to limit caffeine intake- we had 1 glass each and waitress never came to ask anyone at our table for a refill- we were at the table for 2 hours.
3. We ordered appetizers and entrees and that is the last we saw of our waitress- it would have been nice to have a dessert.
4. I had to hunt down our waitress to pay our $148.00 dinner bill ( I left a 15 percent tip) but we will never go back nor will I recommend this restaurant.
It is so important that the management work the floor at his or her restaurant and talk to the patrons-this alone would have change our experience and possibly made a bad review turn into a great review - I had bad service but I place the blame for the bad experience on the management of this restaurant- I am retired now but I worked in the hospitality industry for over 25 years - management could have saved our night by coming to the table and making sure that we had the service we needed to receive - simple as that!

1  Thank paulasmithcha
Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hello,

We're sad your evening was not up to par. Your feedback means a lot to us and will be taken into consideration for the future.

Amy

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant during my stay. It was in the middle of the week and was a busy time during dinner. I had the fettuccini With shrimp and it was really good. Also had the calamari for appetizer and it was great as well. The cesar salad had a little to much dressing but was good either delicious either way.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This is our go-to date night Italian place. Since our kids are small and we only get out once in a while, we're ok with a nearby chain restaurant. They're take-out service is great and they package the food well for transporting and serving. This location also handles large groups very well.