“Great place for Mexican”
Review of La Yaquecita Mexican Grill - CLOSED

La Yaquecita Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: A new jewel in the crown of Tavares restaurants. Excellent Mexican food. Realistic, (not expensive) prices, excellent service, family owned. Please check this place out. We love it so much we've been there three times in a month. Lunches start at $4.50 and the dinner menu is so interesting, yet sincerely Mexican.
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised. Food tasted authentic. Especially liked the soft tacos. Salsa was nice. Tamale was average but everything else was above average. Can't wait to visit again:) b

2  Thank Radigirl
There are newer reviews for La Yaquecita Mexican Grill

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We were the only ones in the restaurant tonight. Our waiter was so sweet and nice as was the waitress. The chips were pretty good and the salsa was good but not great. Quacamole was just terrible. So bad that they didn't make us pay for it. We didn't even comment or ask for them to do it. They simply said it didn't taste good and hence took it off the bill. That was a nice gesture.

My daughter's steak fajita was quite good. The steak was excellent and my daughter confirms that her meal was high quality. My enchilada, rice and beans was pretty bad. It just lacked flavor.

Still, I really like the family that operates the restaurant and my daughter's steak fajita makes me believe that quality is important. I would give it another try but I would try a different dish than what I had.

1  Thank laabis
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The plates presented are attractive, colorful, and appetizing.
The presentation suggests that the food will be good and indeed it is.
I thought I did not much like Mexican food until I stopped by here, but I have enjoyed
the extensive menu and varied dishes. It is different, satisfying and the waiters
are welcoming and eager to please. I recommend this restaurant. It is
quite inexpensive, but interesting.

2  Thank Sephardicvisitor
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This was very yummy and there was a lot of it! My sister and I brought our kids here for a lunch date (6 kids all together) and everyone was happy. The service was good, the food was good, and the price wasn't bad.

3  Thank weRfamily6
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We go out with a group of 8 or 10 for lunch. The gals get your order and have food on the table in what feels like minutes. The Burrito Mexicano is huge and absolutely delicious. All of the different items in fact get rave reviews. But go for lunch if you have a choice. The price jump between lunch and dinner is almost double, but the portion of food does not seem to double. There is an odd smell in the restaurant as others have noticed. It doesn't stop us from going back again and again though.

1  Thank DCA874