“Fabulous lunch”

Rusty Bellies Waterfront Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Description: My husband Jack and I, along with our daughter and son-in-law, welcome you to Rusty Bellies Waterfront Grill. Opened in June of 2005, Rusty Bellies is an achievement of three generations worth of goals spanning some thirty years. We are a family owned and operated establishment. Our family came to Tarpon Springs in the 1970's. My parents, Joe and Sue Reis, began the business by purchasing several boats, including a shrimp boat. Before long they had purchased the boat yard and developed the seafood business. In 1985, Jack and I took over operations, and it wasn't long before Jack began refurbishing boats. In 2002. we launched our shrimp boat, Julie Ann. The Julie Ann produces fresh gulf shrimp for Pelican Point Seafood and Rusty Bellies. Jack has since finished refurbishing the Redman, a grouper fishing boat, and the Crabracadabra, a stone crab boat. To this day the Julie Ann, Redman, and Crabracadabra are still family owned and operated by the Russells. Rusty Bellies Waterfront Grill is named for our family's love of fishing, namely gulf grouper fishing. A "Rusty Bellie" is the nickname given to the large male gag grouper. A "Rusty Bellie" generally ranges between twenty and sixty pounds, and is typically caught by the true at heart fisherpersons. As you look around our restaurant you will see photos of family, friends, and local fisherman that bring the freshest seafood to our dock. The menu gives credit to many of our fishermen by naming the dishes after their beloved boats. Of course, there are too many boats to give credit to each, but keep in mind their dedication to providing FRESH FLORIDA WILD CAUGHT SEAFOOD. It is an honor that we continue what our family began many yeas ago. We value our guests, and we are honored to have you dine with us. Please sit back and enjoy the view and allow us to prepare the freshest seafood, including gluten fee options, available for you. Julie and the Russell Family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic location, great views. Wonderful menu selections and delicious food. Mandi was our waitress and we received fabulous service. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,564)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Another great meal at Rusty bellies. Amazing fresh fish and shrimp. Great atmosphere. Keep up the good work guys. Can't go wrong with any seafood on the menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a New Englander, I never thought I would have Ipswich whole belly fried clams in Florida until I tried this restaurant. They were delicious. My daughter had shrimp and sea scallops and loved them also. So if you would like to enjoy a delicious meal with great drinks on the water you will love this place. They even give you complimentary hush puppies while you wait! We will definitely return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The outdoor patio has incredible views of the water, the service is super friendly Maria C. - thank you), the hushpuppies are to die for (the best I ever had), the salad was delicious, and the shrimp tacos I had were fresh and delicious, and so were the grouper tacos my husband had. The live music was at a perfect volume and nice easy light rock music that really added to the casual vibe. We checked in on the "nowait" app about an hour prior, and we arrves we were seated in 5 minutes. All an all we were happy on all fronts, so 5 stars and we will definately be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love the fresh seafood and the outside seating. Been here multiple times and never disappointed with food or service. Prices a little high on some items though.