The Original Mama Maria's Greek Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 153 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated since 1978. Our Mama "Mama Maria" still does the cooking. Truly were all the locals, Greek and Non-Greeks, come for fresh Greek and seafood specialties. Spacious main dining room seats 100. Full view open kitchen. Separate enclosed climate controlled patio for private parties of 40-60. Full bar and beer and wine available. Plenty of on-site free parking. Two blocks south of the historic Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs, Fl. Reservations for parties of 5 or more are highly recommended.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

There are so many places we could have gone but we chose mamas aa we heard the locals eat here. Not sure if it’s true but I would eat here any day of the week. We had the lunch specials and were all stuffed afterwards. My husband really enjoyed his gyro! My spanakopita was good and the Greek salad was to die for. Don’t even get us started on the custard pie!

1  Thank LISA C

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I went there for lunch while they were having a festival in Tarpon Springs and the restaurant was a little crowded. Got a seat right away and was greeted by Mike, the owner, who we have not seen in at least 2 years. Now to the food, we had a greek salad, gyro and shrimp saganaki. My wife says the shrimp dish is the best in Tarpon Springs. Moderate price food, pleasant staff and owner and the food is delicious. Definitely our favorite in Tarpon Springs.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Ordered carry out in February 2018. Greek salad for two was awesome! Generous enough for two and was loaded with good feta cheese, olives, beets, potato salad etc. Also had the lamb gyros and a yogurt based dip with pita bread and fried smelt. Everything was very good.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We started with margaritas, the best I can remember having, salt on the rim, lotsa tart lime juice and plenty of tequila. We had Greek salads and shared a Greek sampler platter. It had mousaka and it seemed to have to much potato filler to me, altho it was good. The gyro meat was seasoned well, the tzatziki was ok, I couldn't taste any mint. The pastitso was good. The dolmades were very dry and over cooked. We didn't get any pita bread and when I asked for some we were given a basket of sliced french bread and butter. Our waitress didn't bring our salads until after we asked her when she placed the platter on our table. The music was good, the food was ok, the service left much to be desired. The price was reasonable. No complaints about the drinks. I cook Greek food myself so I was a bit disappointed in it's quality.

1  Thank Wanda H
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Calamari was awesome the Greek salad was great the half chicken I had was the wrong choice should have stuck with the gyro heavily over spiced chicken that just tasted awful seemed to me it was warmed up in a microwave. The rice was over spiced with of all things nutmeg next time I’ll go with more traditional gyro. Mom had the kids spag bog lol loved it