“Afternoon Away”

Ranked #19 of 155 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come experience the rich Greek Culture of the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks. Mama's provides the finest in authentic Greek cuisine, Live Greek Music, and Entertainment; including Belly Dancing! Mama's Greek Cuisine is where Where The Locals Meet to Eat!
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Sometimes we need to just get away. Today was that time. Headed to Tarpon Springs, my getaway place. Parked the car and headed to Mama's for a late luncheon. I was not disappointed. I seated myself on the outside patio, Bonnie approached me and recognized me after a break of several months. She knew my beverage order and brought it, asked if I needed a menu, I did not, I know the menu and knew what I wanted. I had the soup and salad combo with my favorite Chicken lemon orzo soup, with an authentic Greek salad, served over potato salad. Great presentation with authentic Greek Cuisine. A really nice break and good food with good friendly service, I will be back soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Walking around tarpon springs you just know you have to have Greek food. We received a coupon from an employees out on the sponge docks. I wasn't going to go, but everywhere else was crowded. Thank the Lord for that because we went!!
Our waiter (young guy- very Greek) was very very helpful about any questions we had and patient. He brought out the flaming saganaki(showed us how to eat it) and helped us pick a lunch. We ended up getting gyro, souvlaki , and calamari. The food was superb!!! I would definitely go back to Mama's at the sponge docks!!!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Recently Lynn, my daughter Holly and I stopped for lunch at Mama's. It is now an additional Greek stop on our list of good Greek restaurants in sponge town. We ate on the comfortable patio though they have lots of seating inside too. All of us ordered one of their lunch specials. Oh, the food - no need for a big dinner after lunch at Mama's. Our $9.95 specials included flaming saganaki, a big Greek Salad, a Gyro (Lynn had Souvlaki) and last but not least a large piece of Baklava. Ma Ma Mia - Opa! Our server, Maria was excellent. We look forward to introducing our friends to Mama's.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Casual dining in Tarpon Springs doesn't get much better than Mama's Greek Cuisine.
We recently made a pilgrimage there to feast on grilled octopus, spanakopita, soup and salad, and were grateful to have made this journey.
Friendly and informal dining is what Mamas is all about.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful traditional Greek food experience! Service was great, people were very nice and suggested a great sampler platter! Lots of food! Wonderful way to get a taste of tarpon springs excellent Greek history!