“Customer service issues.....”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come enjoy the real tastes of the Greek Islands at Costas Restaurant, located in the heart of Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks. We serve all authentic Greek food from fresh seafood such as calamari, octopus, and wide variety of fish and old classics such as gyros, souvlaki, lamb, and stuffed grape leaves.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went here with my daughter and did not feel welcomed. We were eating at an off hour and nobody was interested in serving us and when they did it with a sour face . We almost left . Terrible attitudes. The reason they got 3 stars instead of one is because we did enjoy the food .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend and I had a Groupon coupon that covered wine, appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. They had a special menu for Groupon customers that was quite extensive. The service was very friendly and attentive. The dressing on the salad was quite flavorful. The Moussaka was excellent. We have discovered we like the restaurants off the beaten path and this one will be a go to. If you go by how busy the restaurant was, I'd say many others have the same idea.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went to Tarpon Springs on an afternoon that turned rainy and miserable, and we drove around looking for a cozy little side street restaurant. Found it in Costas! Family owned and informal. Absolutely the best lamb gyro I've ever eaten. Chunks of sauteed tender lamb with onions and tomatoes and feta, amazing and a generous portion! Good fries. My husband loved the fresh grouper sandwich....We both ordered Greek salads and the portions were so generous, we took most of the salads home. Friendly service...

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Costa’s today for the first time. We used to live near Tarpon Springs, and have always eaten only at Mr. Souvlaki for the past 25 years.

For the past 10 years live in North Tampa so it’s about a 40 minutes trip that we try and do every few months on a nice day (weekend) to take a drive.

This time we decided to be adventurous and try a new place!

We read the TA reviews and most all seemed very good, so what the heck, you only live once. To Costa’s we go....

Costa’s will be our new “go to” Greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs. Yes, the service was a bit disjointed but still very good. Our server forgot to bring the sangrias we ordered and I asked her about them. She said OMG I forgot. I told her that I forget lots of stuff, what did you forget.... We all laughed and drinks showed up a minute later.

We shared the dinner portion of the mixed grill and it was not only off-the-chart awesome but also wry reasonably priced for quality food.

This place is tucked away on a side street. Not on the main tourist trap street. I would absolutely recommend this place.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

If you are in Tarpon there are many other wonderful Greek restaurants, don’t waste your money here. My wife and I had lunch there during our trip to the Arts and Crafts festival in Tarpon. While walking past, the owner came outside and convinced us to come in for lunch. He even offered a free dessert. There were only 2 other tables seated but it still took a half hour for them to get out a Gyro and a Grilled Chicken Sandwich. The sandwich was OK, but the French fries were cold and inedible. A request for some hot French Fries to the least attentive waitress we have seen in a long while produced a second plate of underdone potatoes. I spoke to the owner as we left about the terrible service and the sub-par food and there was nothing that could or would be done. We didn’t even stay for the free dessert it was so bad. This has to be the worst $25 lunch ever!